CBT booked for next week!

Hello guy's as some people know i have just recently gotten my provisional so i went to book my cbt today and managed to get in on Wednesday.

Now i heard this takes 8 hours?

But when i asked what starting time was they said it starts at 9:30 and normally ends around 2:30-3:30

They also said they have only 1 jacket spare, which is no problem because i have a motorcycle jacket with elbow and back protection.

Now, should i take all my gear? or use theirs? if i take all my gear i think i would prefer to leave the helmet in case i damage it but if i damage theirs i would have to pay for it?

They also said i must learn basic highway code at home, as they don't have time for it there, where can i learn more about it in detail? i know the basics but would like to learn more anyway for my own safety.

They also said i must learn basic highway code at home, as they don't have time for it there, where can i learn more about it in detail? i know the basics but would like to learn more anyway for my own safety.

Google has the answer...

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDQQFjAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.gov.uk%2Fbrowse%2Fdriving%2Fhighway-code&ei=SUppUeG9A6jM0AWGo4HgCw&usg=AFQjCNGD5KdB0V_4sOOaY13OWdputJAFdQ&sig2=7Iv2YWY6Sjg7dAxT8VlP6g&bvm=bv.45175338,d.d2k

Google has the answer...

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDQQFjAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.gov.uk%2Fbrowse%2Fdriving%2Fhighway-code&ei=SUppUeG9A6jM0AWGo4HgCw&usg=AFQjCNGD5KdB0V_4sOOaY13OWdputJAFdQ&sig2=7Iv2YWY6Sjg7dAxT8VlP6g&bvm=bv.45175338,d.d2k

Alright thanks yes i was going to Google it if needed be, but as i had a few question's thought i may as well put that here also.

I guess i will take all my own gear, even waterproofs if its bad weather! :3

About helmet what happens with the intercom system? is it built into there helmets or easy to take out and put into mine?

About helmet what happens with the intercom system? is it built into there helmets or easy to take out and put into mine?

Usually the ear piece fits independently of the helmet.

And usually it's a one-way audio arrangement, so you listen, hence no need for a microphone.

Usually the ear piece fits independently of the helmet.

And usually it's a one-way audio arrangement, so you listen, hence no need for a microphone.

Alright thanks, that is good to know!

My helmet fits perfect with my balaclava that will be no problem for the ear piece?

Good luck with the cbt.

You shouldn't have a problem with the ear piece. They normally plug into a radio that you wear on a belt that the instructor gives you.

As for the time the cbt takes, well, it depends on how fast you pick it up. I did my first over 2 days, but some manage it in a few hours.

Thanks nell thats what i don't get people say its a 8hour training thing, yet 9:30am till 3:30 is 6 hours then i get a dinner break apparently....

Anyhow been and bought a highway code book just 30mins ago.

The time it takes usually depends on how many there are doing the CBT on the day plus how long it takes you to pick it up, some are confident enough and just get straight into it and do good while others maybe a bit slow at it.

When you go for the CBT you'll have a little introduction and a talk with/from the instructor who will tell you what is what, what you need to do, what you need to look out for, what you'll be doing on the day and so on...That sometimes takes about an hour max. Then your on the bike doing the first part of the CBT, remember to bring both parts of your provisional with you :D

Thank you alot.

Just hoping i don't fail it somehow!

You can't fail. The place I went had a guarantee that said if they don't consider you safe, you'd go back the next day. That's all it is. Giving you a basic level of training so you're 'safe' on the road. :)