PLEASE HELP

Guest Handljoe

Hi guys i need some help

Basically me and my pal have had this 'dream' of just riding together around the place just enjoying life while where young

We are both just turned 18 and have full driving licence. We want the same bike ktm 690 smc

I no that i need to take CBT them another few test and then have to wait two years so i can drive any size bike

But all i want to no is if i got a 690cc ktm can i tell the insurance that i have restricted it but actually just leave it unrestricted

I no that this makes it invalid but wanted to no if i could get away with it when i drive past police etc

Please respond and sorry if i havnt explained it well

Hi guys i need some help

But all i want to no is if i got a 690cc ktm can i tell the insurance that i have restricted it but actually just leave it unrestricted

I no that this makes it invalid but wanted to no if i could get away with it when i drive past police etc

Please respond and sorry if i havnt explained it well

No. It invalidates your insurance, and is illegal.

There is a reason for the restriction. It's designed to help you stay alive longer on the road.

If you do decide to leave it unrestricted, and uninsured, I hope you quickly lose the ability to ride on public roads.

Nobody is going to advise that you lie to the insurance company and ride a bike illegally!

Youve never ridden a bike, and yet you want a de-restricted 690cc KTM - it will flip you off the back before you get to the end of your road...

Learn to ride, get a bike you're legally allowed to ride, and have fun!! dont be a dick and try to ride something that youre not licensed to ride..

Welcome to the forum...

If you tell the insurance company it's restricted and ride derestricted and you have any sort of accident you will get royally f*cked.

My opinion..

Not worth the risk...

Nobody is going to advise that you lie to the insurance company and ride a bike illegally!

Youve never ridden a bike, and yet you want a de-restricted 690cc KTM - it will flip you off the back before you get to the end of your road...

Learn to ride, get a bike you're legally allowed to ride, and have fun!! dont be a dick and try to ride something that youre not licensed to ride..

Mate who said ive never ridden a bike i grew up on bikes i just wanted to take it to the road but thanks for replying

I just thought that most young motorbike drivers do this but im not taking a chance if its that high

Welcome to the forum...

If you tell the insurance company it's restricted and ride derestricted and you have any sort of accident you will get royally f*cked.

My opinion..

Not worth the risk...

Thank you for advice :) very helpful

so if you had grew up on bikes then why are you asking if you could tell the insurance company that your bike would be restricted when it wouldn't and if you could legally ride past the police and get away with it?

The majority of the police wont recognize a derestricted 690cc bike to a restricted 690cc bike..

But if you crash and for instance kill or badly hurt someone they will find out you've been riding without valid insurance and you'll most probably end up in prison and sued the absolute shit out off...

so if you had grew up on bikes then why are you asking if you could tell the insurance company that your bike would be restricted when it wouldn't and if you could legally ride past the police and get away with it?

You dont need insurance on track brains i don't deal with all this legal stuff

And in the future can you not get involved on peoples questions if your not gonna be helpful thanks

Mate who said ive never ridden a bike i grew up on bikes i just wanted to take it to the road but thanks for replying

I just thought that most young motorbike drivers do this but im not taking a chance if its that high

Prosecutd for riding without insurance, and riding a bike you're not licensed to ride..

They would take your bike away, give you at least 6points on your licence, (which will put your car insurance up too) plus a fairly hefty fine.

And if you dont pay the storage and recovery fees for the bike, they crush/sell your it!

Thats assuming you dont have an accident.. even a minor knock in a carpark, maybe you slip on some oil and your bike slides into a parked car... Your insurance company would refuse to payout on the grounds the bike wasnt as described and you werent licensed to ride it. You then end up having to foot the bill for any damage you cause AND get prosecuted for all of the above... Just not worth it!!

The majority of the police wont recognize a derestricted 690cc bike to a restricted 690cc bike..

But if you crash and for instance kill or badly hurt someone they will find out you've been riding without valid insurance and you'll most probably end up in prison and sued the absolute shit out off...

Oh right okay thanks again you have put it in perspective

And in the future can you not get involved on peoples questions if your not gonna be helpful thanks

well actually you should have.... if your bike flys off and kills someone, you better hope you have public liability insurance else you will get your arse sued off by a "no-win no fee" accident lawyer!!

Oh, and its only your 4th post and youre already throwing your weight about.. leave Selene alone - shes been here longer than you... learn some respect newbie!!

Oh, and its only your 4th post and youre already throwing your weight about.. leave Selene alone - shes been here longer than you... learn some respect newbie!!

:stupid:

well actually you should have.... if your bike flys off and kills someone, you better hope you have public liability insurance else you will get your arse sued off by a "no-win no fee" accident lawyer!!

Mate you worry about way to much trust me you dont need insurance on a track not unless you cant ride to save your life some of us can actually control what we ride

And wtf you getting defensive for that lady i didnt ask for any randoms to come try make there night exciting plus ive only joint this to ask this question and your telling me to learn respect why don't you f*** off and grow a pair of bulls stop being so sheltered mate

Mate you worry about way to much trust me you dont need insurance on a track not unless you cant ride to save your life some of us can actually control what we ride

And wtf you getting defensive for that lady i didnt ask for any randoms to come try make there night exciting plus ive only joint this to ask this question and your telling me to learn respect why don't you f*** off and grow a pair of bulls stop being so sheltered mate

Oh dear... so you've never raced competitively then have you. :lol: if you had, you would know that liability insurance is pretty important... so youre just a little boy with a bike who thinks he can ride like a superhero... good luck - hope the cops pick you up and crush your bike, and when youre in prison for killig someone on the bike your clearly were unable to handle, the big hairy men in the shower teach you a lesson in respect...

hey look if you ask questions like the one you asked then chances are you would only get some helpful replies along with some questions thrown back at you. it works both ways, you ask a question, we ask you one, we help you out and what do you do? you throw it back in our faces by being rude to someone when she asked you a question. now apologize please.

hey look if you ask questions like the one you asked then chances are you would only get some helpful replies along with some questions thrown back at you. it works both ways, you ask a question, we ask you one, we help you out and what do you do? you throw it back in our faces by being rude to someone when she asked you a question. now apologize please.

reckon Stu has booted him off!! lol...

Got to love the quality or idiots these days..

your wasting your time now guys I have deactivated his account :)

LOL, probably best... but we could have had great fun winding him up!! haha

Clearly just a little boy who's probably ridden a stolen pit bike around the local rec ground a couple of times and now thinks hes a biking superhero... shame we have to share the same hobby as people like that...