Gsx 750 ES exhaust

Hi all

Nearly finished restoring a 29 year old gsx750es. Problem I have is that it has a horrible neta 4 into 1. I have managed to pick up a nice condition Harris pipe without the down pipes. Can I cut the down pipes on the neta near to the collector and slide the ends onto the Harris.

Some pix and measurements would be handy. In theory you could fit the Neta headers, cut off or remove the headers from the collector and then slide the Harris collector over the Neta headers. It depends on the angle and position that the headers enter the collector. If the headers don't fit into the collector, we could make adaptors or modify it until it does fit. :mrgreen:

I will take some pics and post. Had a look and it seems that the down pipes will fit inside the collector in the Harris as they look a lot smaller diameter. It looks like it would need a ring to fill the space around the down pipes to make a nice tight fit inside the Harris. Also the angles look ok, maybe some movement needed but doesn't look impossible. Once I cut the down pipes there's no going back. Hope to cut the pipes still on the bike from underneath with a small disc cutter as I don't want to disturb the pipes to much at the headers

Put a piece of steel under the engine when you cut the headers, just in case. Buy a digital micrometer, about £8 on eBay or Aldi/Lidl. Measure O/D of headers at the collector and I/D of inside of Harris collector inlet tubes. Adaptors are easy to make. Gimme a bell if you need help or I can do it for you? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

• 2 weeks later...

Megawatt, going to leave this job for winter now. I will contact you about the adapters later.the down pipes O/D is 32mm,the I/D is 29.5mm and the Harris collector is 43mm I/D and 45mm O/D. Not sure on the angles to I get started but it looks like it should be ok with a bit of adjustment