Full licence query.

Hi,

Just a quickie if anyone has recently passed their test and had their licence updated.

Do you know what they put down as the start date of your new entitlement ? Do they use your pass certificate pass date or some date that it gets processed after the pass date ?

Thanks in advance if anyone knows or can enlighten me. Currently at day 11 of my 3 week wait for my postal licence application update with the pass certificate and no sign yetof the new licence.

I sent off mine on Monday the 29th so hoping early next week. As it's my first photo licence i had to send photo/application form and pass cert as well as fee (which they have yet to cash) and old falling apart car licence. Also filled in the bit about using IPS for identification rather than sending identification documents as i have an electronic passport barely over a year old so that should make things easier for them.

12th will be a fortnight and insurance company want scans within 23 days of the start date of the policy although i got an email reminder this morning saying they now want it within 7 days or they'll cancel my policy.

Fingers crossed.

I sent off mine on Monday the 29th so hoping early next week. As it's my first photo licence i had to send photo/application form and pass cert as well as fee (which they have yet to cash) and old falling apart car licence. Also filled in the bit about using IPS for identification rather than sending identification documents as i have an electronic passport barely over a year old so that should make things easier for them.

12th will be a fortnight and insurance company want scans within 23 days of the start date of the policy although i got an email reminder this morning saying they now want it within 7 days or they'll cancel my policy.

Fingers crossed.

Contact the insurance company and explain the situation. .....I'm sure they'll give you a bit more time if necessary. .....but don't leave it too long. .... :wink:

Yep will do. I did email back to their email but got just an automated response. The most annoying thing is though I'm nowhere near their 23 day limit from commencement of policy at the moment so will request a mandate form from them that they can then presumably check directly with the DVLA.

Why they're emailing me a week early is beyond me.

Dav3y, it will be the date that you passed your mod 2 because you have the entitlement from that date and not from the date they process the licence. Imagine the uproar if you passed your test today and tomorrow you decided to go for a ride and got stopped by the police and charged with not having a licence because DVLA didn't process it till the day after?

The only exception to this rule is when you apply for your FIRST driving licence. You cannot drive or ride until you receive it. All other situation are OK because you are still entitled to drive/ride on that classification.

Hope that makes sense?

Day 12 of 15 working days and still not here :( . No sign of them cashing the £20 cheque I sent either as it was also an exchange paper for first photocard license as well as add a category to my license.

Insurance company are a joke, have emailed them 3 times and not a single human response. I guess they want me to ring their £1/min phone number to speak to someone. Quite happy to name and shame them if they cancel my policy before the 23 days they told me i have to send them scans/copies from commencement of policy.

You don't have to use the £1/min number......either look up their number for dialling from abroad (usually starting with +44) or look up the normal number using one of the websites like "say no to 0870"....http://www.saynoto0870.com/........ :wink:

Thanks yeah had forgotten about that. I did notice an 0845 number for retentions as I was going to cancel and reinsure with someone else more reputeable. Guess I could just ring that number and let them know what I think.

Thanks yeah had forgotten about that. I did notice an 0845 number for retentions as I was going to cancel and reinsure with someone else more reputeable. Guess I could just ring that number and let them know what I think.

i think it should be dvla u ringin too???

i think it should be dvla u ringin too???

Well, it does basically say contact them if it doesn't arrive within 3 weeks. I really need to give it another 5 days. Might be worth a shot though if it's not here by midday post arrival because there will only be 2 working days left for the 3 weeks to be up.

Hurrah,

Licence turned up today. :)

Interestingly the moped (old group E) entitlement I had on my paper licence I had sent back has been swapped for category AM as I was expecting but dated from 13/08/13 when my original E entitlement was from 11/06/86.

I guess it really doesn't matter now anyway as my A category is dated from 26/07/13

Would have been nice to list what the codes are I have on D1, C1E, D1E and fklnpq.

~~~~~~~~

EDIT:- Seems p and q replace the old E code so it is still valid from 86.

~~~~~~~~

EDIT2:- Day after I get my license, I get a cheque for £20 sent back. Happy days, that will buy me another tank of juice and around 180 miles of biking :)