Possible blown fuse?

Adam

Right so I changed the rear tail tidy on my bike back the the standard one because it failed the MOT and when I turned the bike on I had nothing no lights indicators horn basically anything on the left hand side of the handle bars, also I have no digital display. I will just add the old tail tidy was just an led tail light and 2 indicators, and the one I've fitted has a standard rear light 2 indicators and a number plate light. I think the number plate light is causing the problem because I checked the light and indicators before I fitted it to the bike and they worked it wasn't until I connected the number plate light that the problem started. I'm hoping it is just a fuse gone want to get her MOT'd tomorrow.

By the ways it's a Yamaha WR125R 2010

Thank youu

Edit: Forgot to mention the bike starts and the kill switch works.

Double check all the wiring to the rear light cluster......and make sure the earth connection is ok. Disconnect the wire to the number plate light and try again if you suspect that...... :wink:

you had LED lights and replaced with normal bulbs? could be the relay that's at fault. LED draw much less current than regular filament bulbs, therefore as part of the mod to replace filament bulbs with led, the relay would need to have been changed. (would check the fuse as well as a matter of course) you should have a spare fuse under your seat, or wherever the fuse box is located on that particular machine.

failing that, it's a short. bust out the haynes manual and multimeter and get testing!

I misread your post first time.....so, yes, it's likely to be a blown fuse..... :) Find the fuse box and check all the fuses......and replace it.....but disconnect the tail light assy.....and then plug one bit in at a time to see if the fuse blows again..... :wink:

After a bit of investigating it was the indicator fuse that had blown so I put the new one in and hey presto everything worked again :D didn't try reconnecting the number plate light as I only had one spare fuse..

I don't think there was a resistor on the bike which is why it failed on the MOT as the front brake light didn't come on immediately it flickered and sometimes didn't do anything!! So if I put the tail tidy back on what sort of resistor do I need?

By the way thanks everyone for your help

Hi, No resister needed for the brake light circuit, resistors only required for the indicators if you don't fit an electronic indicator unit. Is the brake light flickering from the front brake switch only, or from the rear brake switch as well? If only the front switch first thing is to give the brake lever switch a wash out with WD40 and see if that cures it, if not there's a fault in the switch or wiring.

Well it works fine with the original tail light unit but not with the led one! To be fair it looks in poor condition so I might just splash out on a new one

I would take it then that the led unit is shot Mate

That's what I was thinking, the lense is misted up so there's obviously moisture in there so that can't be good! Might just by a replacement light as tail tidy's are so expensive!!!

That's what I was thinking, the lense is misted up so there's obviously moisture in there so that can't be good! Might just by a replacement light as tail tidy's are so expensive!!!

This might help you Mate cheap enough to keep your tail tidy going

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-LOOK-X1-W ... 2c71b43d8b