Honda cbr 125 wont start

Guest corz48

I had a crash with my Honda cbr 125, and crashed it head on. after the crash It was still running and after i picked it up i turned it off via the key. after like half an hour i tried to turn it back on and nothing happened. i have taken out the battery and charged it up and now the electrics come on now but the engine wont start and when u press the ignition button nothing happen at all. does any have any ideas of what could be wrong?

thanks

corz48

Welcome to the Forum mate.......pop over to the Newbies section and introduce yourself to the nice people of TMBF when you can....... 8-)

So......have you checked all the obvious things like, Kill Switch, Sidestand Switch, Neutral Switch.......and does this bike have a tilt switch that kills it in the event of a spill?......go for the easy things first and then work up from there...... 8-)

OK.....I'm not an expert on the CBR125....so I don't know which of these it may have......but if it has a Kill Switch, that'll be on the top of the righthand handlebar switch unit...... :)

Sidestand switch will be near the top of the sidestand.....operated when the sidestand is in the up position.....look for a switch and wiring kinda under the right hand side of the engine at the top of the sidestand.

Neutral switch....well, you can tell if that's working by the green light in the instrument display.....so, if the light is on and goes off when you select a gear you can say that is working..... :wink:

Not all bikes have tilt switches....so I'm really not sure if yours has one or not......check the workshop manual if you have one..... :)

kill switch if it has one is on right hand handlebar engine stop normally big red button make sure thats in the run position,also try pulling the clutch lever in and see what happens.as tango says there is safety switches all over the place when you turn the key on is the green neutral light showing,if not it wont start unless u pull the clutch in and possibly put side stand up like u r ready to ride away

As the others have said check the obvious things first, are you sure it's not in gear even if the neutral light is on it can be a false one so might be worth putting it into first and back into neutral. If its not any of the obvious things then try the last easy thing which is the fuses, chances are it might not be them but its worth a try!