Jump to content
  • Sign up now

    Registration is quick and easy 

question about my cbt

Guest uwotm8

Recommended Posts

Hello everyone I have a question not sure if I read properly but do I have to ride a 125 for 2 years at 17 or because I am 19 can I ride a 125 then take my mod 1 and 2 tests then go up to a bigger bike 1 year later or does it have to be 2 years before you can move up to a bigger bike

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Welcome to TMBF mate......pop over to the Newbies section and say hello to the folks on here when you get a chance....... 8-)

My understanding is that at 19 you can take the A2 test and ride a bike with a max power output of 47bhp.......if the bike is restricted it cannot start with more than double that power in its unrestricted form. But you'd need to take your test on a bike that meets the test criteria for the A2 license.

Hope this helps...... 8-)

Link to comment
Share on other sites


key point really is taking the A2 tests as soon as possible after turning 19 as that's when the 2 year clock starts for taking the A test. AS the CBT is valid for 2 years anyway there's little point taking any tests before 19 and then go straight to A2.

Here is all the routes to gaining license.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.