Landan!

Glorian

Covent garden is the king on nik naks! The market stalls is the best place to find anything like that. If you're after fashion, instead of heading into covent garden, cross the road as you come out of the tube and walk down towards leicester square. There's loads of great boutiquey style shops that way. Oxford Street is basically chain shop central. If you want really good stuff, i suggest Camden market and Camden locks (plenty of food up that way as well). It's only a 10 minute blast on the northern line to get up there.

for posh shops, try sloane square and kings road. Enjoy that london!

As a rule I always try and avoid central London for xmas shopping as it's hell on earth. Although it's a little more boring, you're probably better off sticking to the main shopping centres in London if you're taking a practical approach. Westfield at either Shepherd's Bush or Stratford, Brent Cross, Lakeside or Bluewater. Mid-week at 9am is going to give you much less of a ball-ache.

If you're hell-bent on sticking to central London and want the 'experience' then I'd suggest:

Carnaby Street/Liberty's - Branded clothes, little boutiquey clothes shops, vintage clothes

Camden Lock/Market - Cheap clothes, trinkets, etc

Oxford Street/Regent Street/Bond Street - All the high-street brands, loads of slow-walking tourists + Selfridges (for everything)

Covent Garden - Gifty things, independant designer clothes, beauty products

Borough Market - Posh cheese/wine, wanky meat, swanky organic olives

Cheers guys! Will check some of these places out, not to fussed about it being busy, heading up 7am saturday so try get as much done as we can unfortunately me and the other half work mon-fri so no other day to go :D

Cheers guys! Will check some of these places out, not to fussed about it being busy, heading up 7am saturday so try get as much done as we can unfortunately me and the other half work mon-fri so no other day to go :D

Good luck! Hopefully it shouldn't be too horrific, it's not December yet. You could check out the Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park, too - they have arty/crafty gift stalls in there too I think, although you'll have to pay an entrance fee.