Bike not starting after oil, filter & air filter change.

Dynamo_Delboy

you may not have routed it right and it could be twisted or bent in such a way that its kinked it

also go over your work its probably just a school boy error.....we all make them....still :lol: :lol:

Probably another daft queation here but what way does the elemet in the air filter face. Should the raised side face up or down at the carbs?

Pretty sure ive got it facing up and of this is wrong would this cause any running problems?

did you replace the small vaccum hose on the fuel tap and also make sure you havent pulled it off the inlet stub as it sounds like the fuel tap isnt opening

So heres the situation, went down today, checked everything i done and all was fine.

Looked at the fuel tap and there is the main hose for fuel and the small 1 next to it. Now heres the problem. I done seem to have any hose for the smaller vaccum next to the main hose and also dont remember taking any hose of the tap apart from the main 1.

Breather hose and drain both on correctly with no kinks aswell.

Battery flat again with trying to start it :(

Sounds like the vacuum hose for the fuel tap is missing.......you could try putting the tap to the Prime position and trying it again to confirm.....but I wouldn't recommend running it like that for any period of time..... :wink:

Just watched a youtube vid there and when the guy removes the tank there is also no small hose.

As i said mate, dont remember taking it off, there is nothing in the haynes of it ( only drain, breather and main fuel).

And bike was running fine before.

Feel like im gonna explode :(

Well 3rd attempt there and guess what i found?

Yip, a petcock vacuum hose :lol:

I obviously didn't remember taking it off as it must've sliiped off when raising the tank a wee bit.

All hooked up now, went to start her, got a few splutters like fuel was beginning to flow in and trying to kick up but battery didnt have muchh life after trying earlier.

So charging battery and think it will kick up when full battery goes in.

Well im hoping anyway :lol: