giving way in test situation

If you where on your mod 2 and you are turning etc and a driver decides to give way to you how do you proceed? I've been driving a car for a while and if someone flashed to let me go I would do (if it was safe to do so). But due to highway rules where it stipulates you should give way to them then what? I know sometimes people are over generous and by giving way they can cause accidents but how would this affect your test results?

Reason I ask was because I was driving my car the other day when someone decided to stop half way round a mini roundabout and flashed to let me out (pretty strange I know)

At a mini roundabout id stay put and let the mental car driver sit there. Unless they needed to turn onto a drive etc but then they would be pointing/waving were ther going. Really you need to work out of its a dangrous situation or not and proceed as appropriate.

If you where on your mod 2 and you are turning etc and a driver decides to give way to you how do you proceed? I've been driving a car for a while and if someone flashed to let me go I would do (if it was safe to do so). But due to highway rules where it stipulates you should give way to them then what? I know sometimes people are over generous and by giving way they can cause accidents but how would this affect your test results?

Reason I ask was because I was driving my car the other day when someone decided to stop half way round a mini roundabout and flashed to let me out (pretty strange I know)

This happened to me on test. I stayed put, as the highway code says that flashing headlights are only to be used to warn other drivers of your presence. So a flash that MAY be intended to mean proceed has no recognition in law. The examiner confirmed afterwards that I did teh right thing in not moving, and said that had I moved he would have marked me down for it.

Happened to me on my car test. A funeral car (complete with coffin) flashed me across at a right hand turn. Different in a car as I was able to explain my thought process to the examinar before I proceeded... Passed the test and the examinar said I did the right thing for the situation... Of course with one way comms on a bike youre not able to explain your thoughts before moving... Tricky one

What if your sat there for ages? Would he mark you down for not making progress?

I was. He didn't.

Problem is if you move, and the other driver hadn't intended his light flash to mean "proceed"

I think if it happens, read the situation just as you would in the real world. So if you see the flash but he doesnt slow down, dont be an idiot and pull out in front of him!!

See the flash, get eye contact with the driver, and observe the car slowing down and ideally coming to full stop. Try to understand why he might have flashed you to let you go - is his way blocked?? is there a "Keep Clear" box? only once you are sure its safe to proceed, do your lifesaver and make your move.

After the test, if questioned, be prepared to explain your thought process Explain that you know flashing lights is not a signal to proceed.

Ultimately, it you made the right choice and it was indeed safe for you and the instructor to proceed then you shouldnt be failed as you did nothing wrong.

Not quite the same, but I used the universal "after you" gesticulation. Examiner said it was nice to see polite people. (If held the door for him despite him saying that it was ok, I was brought up to hold doors for people!). I also remembered to thank people and nod to other bikers! (But we're not getting into nodding)

When I did my cat C + E I hit some road works at a roundabout. A car let me through but I had to wait and co firm with the examiner. He then put me down as a minor for hesitancy as I talked through him. There was no point arguing but I was under the same impression that if they flash you still had to wait!

We got told constantly it's all to do with how the examiner sees the situation, not you. I guess in this case I did the wrong thing by him by asking/explaining!