Sorry if the Licence question has been asked before

Guest D7000

My son collects his 125 this weekend, 125 Honda with Repsol colours, he likes it.

I am thinking at my old age of getting a motorbike.

I have a car licence but the police (101) could not tell me if I can do a CBT! test on a 125 and then go on the road with my car licence or as my son says I have to return it and have something added to it.

Advice please

Thanks

repsol.jpg.86c9458e76cced5acad85bbf7c9f69be.jpg

On completion of your CBT you can ride a 125 on the road (excluding motorways and not allowed to carry a pillion) with L plates, if you want to ride a bigger bike you will need to do your full bike test.

provided you have bike provisional entitlement ( which you should have ) , all you need is to complete a cbt and get the certificate, theres no need to have anything added to your licence. That then entitles you to ride up to a 125 with l plates( not on the motorway and without a pillion)

I hope that pic is one you got off the net and not of the actual bike? Because that right there is a thousand cc, not a 125 :)

OOOPS yep off the net what is the difference I can't see it, OH YES I see it, I know 0 about bikes

repsol2.jpg.9c94bcda9b4b95a8ed56d55ef1c5d19c.jpg

As above, you can do CBT and ride a 125 but you'd be better doing DAS and going for a bigger bike from the off. You're already a driver so you have some road sense already so you'll just be learning the bike skills rather than how to use the road network. You'll pass in no time.

• 2 weeks later...