Sick of the Wires

As the title say's, we are sick of the wires - connections on our intercom system things have moved on technology wise so l thinks its time to go Blue tooth any recommendation - feed back would be grateful.

depends on budget I guess, im sure the scala sets are superb, but they were never going to be in our budget, so we bought the 65 quid ebay special bt intercom system, ....not really expecting it to be up to much.

how wrong can you be !!!!

superb so far, for both music, phone, rider to rider, and sat nav

even the battery life seems excellent....we had them on constantly from London to Nottingham on our last outing, and they weren't even starting to complain.

What was that, 3 hours?

The q1 I currently use will last over 2 full days, the older rounded version, the rider fm lasted 5 days on before going flat.

I still charge mine every night.

£99 each from fowlers bristol, cheapest I've seen them.

Do you have a link to the ones you bought?

depends on budget I guess, im sure the scala sets are superb, but they were never going to be in our budget, so we bought the 65 quid ebay special bt intercom system, ....not really expecting it to be up to much.

how wrong can you be !!!!

superb so far, for both music, phone, rider to rider, and sat nav

even the battery life seems excellent....we had them on constantly from London to Nottingham on our last outing, and they weren't even starting to complain.

This sounds interesting Cat any links? Having read many report and complaints regarding the more expensive units for that sort of money is not to painful worth a go.

+1 for OhJay's inter phone. I have these and have been using mine non stop for 12 months (apart from charging). No issues at all. Great kit.

Hi Guy's just a couple of questions:

Are these head sets stereo or mono?

Also can these units be linked up to more than one other head set

Cheers

Are these head sets stereo or mono?

Honestly couldn't tell you. I'll do some investigating this weekend when I get home and can have a play if no one answers before I can.

Also can these units be linked up to more than one other head set

As in have three of them talking to each other? Yes. This listing of the same thing has pretty much the full instruction booklet in the description:

To Pair 3 devices in intercom mode

Follow the above procedure for each combination of the three units. (A-B, B-C, A-C).

Ensure the third unit is switched off when pairing the other two devices.

Only 1 connection can be live at a time. When successfully paired the connections can be switched by ending any live call and returning to standby.

From Standby press the power/intercom button 1 time for one of the pairings to be called, or 2 times for the other pairing to be called.

The pairing for 1 or 2 presses will depend on the sequence in which you paired the 3 helmets, but once paired the relevant pairings will maintain the number.

i.e. A will press the power/intercom button 1 time to call B and 2 times to call C. B will press the button 1 time to call C and 2 times to call A. C will press the button 1 time to call A and 2 times to call C.

Beyond three I have no idea. If you get a couple we'll find out :D

Or do you mean to each other and an external device? Also yes, mine is paired my phone and Cat's headset. If I have my phone being the SatNav and we have intercom channel open it will cut the call to read out the satnav instruction and then reconnect automatically (although all Cat heard was it beeping over and over when it stopped the call and restarted it :lol: )

They're full stereo and you can chat Bluetooth to Bluetooth so you can chat to pillion, another bike up to about 800m away or you can listen to music on your phone. The speakers sit in the ear pockets of your lid and the mic runs from the left speaker on a flexi stalk to the front of the helmet. The unit itself clips on the outside of the helmet. You can also pair it with a number of phones but you can only link up to one at a time.

also relatively easy to operate with a gloved hand....the large button does on /off for music, or can redial last number on your phone, and also has the volume function.

the other end connects the headsets in intercom mode ( though ive yet to master doing that bit with gloves on lol)

• 2 weeks later...

Joy! got the system all set up only to find my Samsung S3 phone will only allow one Bluetooth component at a time to connect to it :roll: Looks like the only way round it is to connect a blue tooth transmitter to the phone so that we can both listen in to the satnav and music.

Hopefully this should do the job :?:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/TaoTronics%C2%A ... ransmitter

What way are you trying to set it up? You shouldn't really need more gear than the kit!

Ok I've re-read your post and I get the picture. You want both to hear the same music and the sat nav directions. Perhaps you could sort out play lists and just listen to the same music on different devices on your respective headsets. As for the sat nav - you could try talking! ;-)

What way are you trying to set it up? You shouldn't really need more gear than the kit!

Ok I've re-read your post and I get the picture. You want both to hear the same music and the sat nav directions. Perhaps you could sort out play lists and just listen to the same music on different devices on your respective headsets. As for the sat nav - you could try talking! ;-)

Hi Mate we could do that but its good to have a another set of ears and eyes on the nav side of thing , also its just another device that need charging, the Samsung sits enclosed with it own permanent supply whilst on the bike. Will keep you posted

• 2 weeks later...

First run out today solo with the BT headset blue toothed to my galaxy s3 l could not fault it, even took a phone call from Sue whilst on the M1 she had no idea l was on the bike will update when next out with a pillion

Had a run out yesterday with my oppo with bluetooth headsets ( new to these things ) & not bad really lost reception after about 500 metres & my mate could hear my engine wind on :lol:

Had a run out yesterday with my oppo with bluetooth headsets ( new to these things ) & not bad really lost reception after about 500 metres & my mate could hear my engine wind on :lol:
Nice one! Which units do you have Mate?

Chris they look the same as the ones in OhJays link my oppo bought them & mine were a late xmas pressie theres no id on the box, they really are generic but they worked fine. I decided to fit the ear speakers under the plastic backed padded side lining of my lid but it reduces the volume so I'm going to perforate some holes to help let the sound through. I was impressed with them overall, plus on some overtakes when my oppo was leading he called it in clear.