Sinnis Vista Poor starter

collett09

Hi All,

I am new to the bike world as I have only been riding since October last year but i know a bit about engines (cars mainly) so this is my issue.

Bike: Sinnis Vista QM 125cc

Problem: Bike will not start but once running it runs great so I have replaced battery and was ok for a day or two and then same issues bike just clicks on start (elec starter), so I have put a digital multimeter on battery it shows 13.5V but once you press starter it drops to 2.33V and bike will not start. if I change battery or make battery warm (leave on radiator) bike starts fine. I have put the digital multimeter in-line with battery and found a draw on the rectifier could this cause both issues?

thank you for any help on this.

Hello and welcome :D

please say hello in the newbies section

and put your location in your profile :lol:

It sounds like, at the very least, your battery is

knackered to me!

There could also be issues with the charging circuit

Is the new battery the correct rating for the bike? Also how long are your journeys on the bike......if they are too short the alternator won't have enough time to replace the charge that was lost when starting the bike....and the charge will decrease over time..... :wink:

Hi All,

OK here is the latest I have tested and replaced.

I have replaced the rectifier/regulator.

I have had spark plug out and ticked bike over spark looks OK.

I have charged new battery over night.

bike really hard to start took about 10 mins to start today and stopped to fill up bike would not start and I give it a good run before stopping to fill up.

I am lost as to what it could be my next step would be the starter motor but any ideas would be of great help.

thanks

Lee.

Hey collett did I see you around southport before coming up to the tesco express after the roundabout leading onto lord street?

I nodded at a bike similar to yours and I got a nod back :lol:

OK so latest update is replaced starter relay did not fix issue so took the battery down to parts shop they tested it and say the bike had over charged the battery and cooked the insides so fitted new one and is OK for now I hope. big thanks to you all for the help. :cheers:

if the bike has overcharged the battery then it sounds like the recifier/regulator is on its way out you need to check the voltage at the battery with engine running and with revs just around 3000 rpm and you shouldnt have any more than 15 volts maximum if you have then you will wreck the new battery unless u sort out the reg/rec