Washing the bike on the street / in the backyard?

Lucifah

Hi guys,

This might sound like an odd question, but I'm wondering if it's okay in the UK to wash your vehicle on the street or in the backyard?

I know it's not allowed (and actually quite expensive if caught) in Germany in most areas, for environmental reasons. What's the situation here?

Cheers!

Where else would you wash it?

Na, I have never heard of any laws about it unless we have a draught, which we don't (but even then, who would realistically dobb you in for that?)

You'll be fine. Most bikers wash their bike outside their homes.

In Germany Sunday is meant to be a day of rest and peace and quiet, no shops are open other than petrol stations if you're lucky! You're basically no allowed to make a lot of noise, especially before 10am. How do I know? I lived there for four years :)

The whole purpose of a Sunday is for you to carry out menial tasks like washing your bike and mowing the lawn in an effort to distract yourself from the encroaching thought that it's Monday tomorrow and the sense of impending doom that comes with it. If you can't do that and all the shops are closed what the hell are you supposed to do all day? Spend time with the family? I don't think so.

I wash my cars/bikes in my drive and always have, so do loads of people down my road if it's sunny. If there any laws in this country about it i've never heard of them.

If it's minging it might need washing but if not Mr Sheen or Pledge do a good job and you don't have to sit in the cold and wet :thumb: I very rarely wash my bike in fact thinking about it I've washed my current bike once since 2007 :salute: I use a spray polish and if there's any stubborn bit's either WD or white spirit will remove it ready to wipe over with the polish brings it up nicely :wave:

Whoa! Not allowed to wash your car/bike outside your house?

Jeeez. I`d just do it... and tell the rozzers i`m washing it with Organic Turtle Wax 8-)