Paddock stands or hydraulic lifter?

MarkW

Evening all.

Well, not a bad bank holiday weekend - managed to remove the infernal Datatool System 3 alarm from the wife's bike without any drama, so now we should be able to sleep without the damn thing going off every time one of the resident garage spiders bumps into it.

So now I'm turning my attention to more mechanical things, and was wondering what the recommendations would be for lifting a ZZR600. Should I go for front and rear paddock stands, or would one of those hydraulic lifters (like this: http://www.getgeared.co.uk/ROTHEWALD_Hy ... tegory=271) be better? The hydraulic lifter looks just the job for big Harleys and such like, but I'm not sure it's the right thing for our bikes.

Any thoughts much appreciated!

I'd recommend an Abba stand to get the rear off the ground. You can also get add-ons to get both front and rear up. I've an Abba stand for my Speed Four and I can get the bike on and off it on my own. Used it to lower the bike - very stable.

that stand in the link will be no use to you at all as the frame rails of the bike have to be lowest point on the bike to rest on the lift arms and the exhaust will get in the way they are only any good for big cruisers and harleys

Thanks folks- that Abba stand looks like just the job, so I ordered one with the front lifter attachment. Cheers!

You won't regret it mate......great bit of kit......and easy to use.......and more stable than a paddock stand IMHO..... 8-)