Fan not kicking in

Dynamo_Delboy

How ya all doing.

Got a problem thats just started with my bike 1992 cbr600f

Temp gage goes through the roof when normal riding around town etc. doesnt seem like the fan is kicking in to cool it. Coolant level seems fine.

Doesnt happen on motorways when the speed is up.

Littlecat had the same problem with her Honda just recently.....so maybe send her a PM to find out what she did to cure it...... 8-)

It does sound like the temperature switch for the fan isn't operating....or there's a problem with the wiring to/from the switch..... :wink:

Littlecat had the same problem with her Honda just recently.....so maybe send her a PM to find out what she did to cure it...... 8-)

It does sound like the temperature switch for the fan isn't operating....or there's a problem with the wiring to/from the switch..... :wink:

Ill give her a PM mate thanks

Hi ya try opening the bleed nipple on the water pump there could be an air lock in the water pump. Would not of thought the fan would be called upon this time of the year unless your stood for ages.

. Would not of thought the fan would be called upon this time of the year unless your stood for ages.

If I get caught in traffic for a short while my fan comes on......don't take much slow traffic to get the temp up high enough for the fan to come on..... :wink:

If the needle is getting fairly high on your guage and the fan isn't kicking in I'd say that either the fan is duff or the temperature switch that controls in isn't working..... :wink:

check all the connector plugs as it was a corroded block that gave littlecat all the problems failing that bypass the sensor on rad and touch the 2 wires together see if fan cuts in that will tell you if the seneosr is ok or not

oh yeay , forgot about the connector block, lol, I also removed that and replaced with push fit connectors...but what I said about the rad and cap still also applies.

undo the connector from the front of the fan switch, extend it with some wire if necessary and touch it to the black on the battery, if it kicks in , then at least you know the fan itself is ok, and it may be the switch.... if that doesn't work , then undo all the connectors , and direct wire the lot, this eliminates the connectors, which may indeed be the problem

If you can find the temp sender and cross the two wire's if the fan kicks in it's the sender and if not it's probably the fan, It's easy enough to check just get a short bit of wire poke it in each side of the connector, ignition on and the fan should burst in to song lol.