Direct Access intensive 5-6 day course.

Hi all! im new on this forum and new biker too.i completed my CBT and theory a yr ago now and have been getting some practice in and gaining confidence on my CBR 125 recently. few things to brush up on, but im looking to do an intensive course for my licence now before winter really. they dont do them near me, so im thinking to go to shrewsbury and try it. is it wise to go where im not familiar with roads there do you think? im thinking even if i get my Mod1 sorted then if i did struggle on Mod2 there i could just take it in my town with the local school? thanks guys.

If you do the course in the town where you will take your Mod 2, there shouldn't be many roads you have not covered. Most of the instructors are familiar with the routes used on tests and you are on the bike for a fair while and will be acquainted with the roads. I took my Mod 2 in a town I didn't know very well and soon got the hang of it through the riding school's local knowledge.

If possible, find a riding school that can let you use the actual Mod1 test area to practice. It really helps and good luck. :)

It's pretty common to do courses in towns where there are test centres as the instructors will pretty much cover most of the routes you are ever likely to take when doing your Mod2.

Don't sweat it, enjoy the different roads and to be honest it's probably better you don't use roads you know as it will make you more alert and observant of everything from speed limits to positioning at junctions/roundabouts and take away any over confidence you might have from using local/familiar roads you might have grown some bad habits riding.