Plonker ~ helmet size

Well I guess I've been a bit of a plonker

I recently bought a helmet online, a brand new Caberg Duke in an L size. Before ordering this helmet I popped into my local fowlers to try on a few helmets for size & fit. They didn't have the Caberg there but I figured from the other helmets that an L size would be the best fitting and lo and behold, I was wrong!

The Caberg lid moves about on my head, especially up and down :/ I have to use two hands to lift and shut the flip up front in order to prevent the helmet rotating on my noggin.

I've looked up replacement inside padding in smaller sizes but to me it looks like I'll have to splash out on a new correctly fitting lid; and I'll get it from a shop with someone to help me with it this time!

Sorry to bore you all but .... Any advice before I act?

Yeah...if the lid is loose it's no good to you.... :shock: Different lids fit differently....so not all Large ones will fit the same...even from the same manufacturer.....so your best bet is to visit a shop and find a lid that fits correctly..... :wink: This is why buying lids online is not a great idea.... :wink:

Yeah...if the lid is loose it's no good to you.... :shock: Different lids fit differently....so not all Large ones will fit the same...even from the same manufacturer.....so your best bet is to visit a shop and find a lid that fits correctly..... :wink: This is why buying lids online is not a great idea.... :wink:

Hehe hindsight eh? Or a bit of common sense wouldn't go amiss! Cheers

send it back.

So long as its been less than 7 days, they have to give a refund as helmets are not excluded from the distance sellers act.

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/ ... egulations

Hmmm I took a sticker off and the tags too :?

Dont think it matters. I Dont think the law stipulates that it has to be returned in brand new condition.

It has to be in resaleable condition.

Would you buy a helmet with the new stickers and tags missing?

The Distance Sellers Act is about protecting the Consumer not the Vendor.

The right to cancel the order is unconditional (within 7 days), so there is no requirement for the consumer to return the goods in saleable condition.

Not great news for the vendor, but thats the risk they take by selling mailorder in the UK.

It has to be in resaleable condition.

Would you buy a helmet with the new stickers and tags missing?

That's a good point however the tags aren't actually missing, just detached!

Besides, if what Joeman says is accurate, the tags are irrelevant

Only one way to find out!

I'm no expert, by any means, but its worth asking the question to solve the debate once and for all.

I know there are some exclusions from the distance sellers act, but mainly seem to be bespoke items made specially or perishable items as well as others, but nowhere have I read that motorbike helmets are excluded.

You 7days - get on it!!

;)

Only one way to find out!

I'm no expert, by any means, but its worth asking the question to solve the debate once and for all.

I know there are some exclusions from the distance sellers act, but mainly seem to be bespoke items made specially or perishable items as well as others, but nowhere have I read that motorbike helmets are excluded.

You 7days - get on it!!

;)

Right, I've asked about a refund with unattached tags, they've offered an exchange if a refund cannot be arranged. We'll see what they say.

Cheers guys