Decent mechanics Manchester(stretford) area/ advice

Leeming

Hello,

Found out this morning some scumbag has tried to steal my bike. I thought it was odd when my full beam was on, left mirror was way off and then steering right locked when I turned it around. Having set off, I realise the handlebars are way off. It is still ridable, but I am doing a lot of counter steering and don't feel safe on it. When I arrived at work, I applied the steering lock, but there now seems to be quite a bit of give to it.....

I was going to attempt to fix this myself, as I thought it was just the handlebars. But seen as though the steering lock might be damaged, I am seeking some help on the matter.

Does anyone know any friendly bike mechanics in the stretford or south/west Manchester area? alternatively someone who could give me some advice or have a look at it to make me feel it isn't as bad as I'm expecting it to be?

This is something like the 4th issue i've had loving at this address with this bike (only 2 years). It was only on the road (but hidden behind my car at the end of the street) because my neighbour threatened to kick the crap out of it (unpredictable drunk), when it was stored out of sight, behind my flat. :cry:

The motorbike centre or something. Manchester superbikes? I can't remember the name. Opposite the ducatti garage on wash way road in sale. They were good with my fazer and reasonable price.