Well not a good day today had my test in Lincoln at 10:25 this morning,

I was greeted by the examiner who went through my paperwork then came out to the bike with me, I kitted up as he wrote the registration down then he gave me my first instruction, everything in this area should be treated as if on a real road ensuring all observations are made correctly.

then

go through the gate and park in one of the bays facing the fence turn off the engine and place the bike on it stand and wait for further instruction. No problem and off I went he came over and asked me to do the manual handling, no problem did it 3 point turn style with lots of over exaggerated checks.

Slalom and figure of 8 - Off I went through the slalom like a professional on skis and into the figure of 8, two turns later and im being called over all is going well.

Slow Ride - Easy peasy exactly what it says on the tin.

U-Turn - I have heard a lot of people worried about this so I have practiced, practiced and practiced some more in a local car park, a few checks and I pull away, a quick glance over the shoulder and begin to turn.......that's when it happened for some unknown reason whilst I was turning not enough power and my foot went down :( I was absolutely gutted I knew it was all over :(

I carried on with the rest of the test knowing I had failed performed the controlled stop with ease than was asked to turn the bike round facing the cones as I was near the U-turn area decided to do it within the lines (just to prove I could), then onto the emergency stop round I went but never made the speed so had to try again (once again a U-turn within the lines) round the second time no problem.

Finally onto the hazard avoidance round the cones I went 47kph so round again (another U-turn within the lines, by this point im hoping he can see I had done 3 and it was just nerves but sadly no :( ) second time on the hazard avoidance 51kph.

To cut a long story short that one nervous mistake on the U-turn has now cost me another £110 for a re-test that they cant get me in for at either Scunthorpe or Lincoln till the end of August.

Feel really gutted and disappointed, really wanted this so much now it all seems like its gone to sh*t. :(

Aww no sorry to hear :( I put my foot down on my 3rd attempt at mod 1, it's so silly it's an instant fail - especially as you showed that you could do it multiple times but I guess they have to go by the book.

Having to wait that long for your next try is another annoying factor as you don't want to get too rusty in between. I originally was told I had to wait 5 weeks myself for my mod 2 retest but luckily they call me up within 2 weeks and said there had been a cancellation. So you might get lucky with a cancellation yourself :)

We had a guy come down from skegness as he couldn't get any around his area for ages and thankfully he passed which was nice as he hadn't made the trip for nothing. Maybe you could look a little further afield for places a other test centres. Have you had a look on the gov website when you click book your practical test to see the dates they've got on there at test centres nearest to you?

Best of luck for next time! :thumb:

Have you had a look on the gov website when you click book your practical test to see the dates they've got on there at test centres nearest to you?

Best of luck for next time! :thumb:

Hi MissBex,

I have been online and checked the next available dates at the local test centres and the earliest one is mid September (cant do that because of work commitments), then on top of that its a cost factor the last 2 days have just cost me £285 im gutted cos it something I can do over and over again. :(

I can't go to far a field as I need the riding schools bike to do the test on and they only use Lincoln or Scunthorpe :( one option is that I sell my 125 and buy a bigger bike (I have been looking at the Suzuki V-Strom 650 for when I pass) then insure and book my tests myself as I believe Mod 1 is only £15.50 then.

Sorry to hear of your bad luck mate. It was the same for me as I had to use the school bike and all the additional costs, not to mention lost earnings. I failed it three times! so it did cost me a fortune....but it was all worth it in the end. Better luck next time you will ace it. :wink:

It was crap mate,

I have never wanted something so much and to fail on such a stupid thing was awful, then I had a 25 mile ride back to Louth could feel myself filling up along the way (its like having your one wish just taken away from you at the last moment) even my instructor could not believe what happened.

And that made it even worse he had previously 13 people do Mod 1 and all had passed then he met me, I felt as gutted for him as I did myself, felt like I had let him down as well. Going to get pissed tonight then work out what to do tomorrow :(

Don't beat yourself. Put it down down as a "bad day at the office". Shit happens. I failed my 1st Mod1, passed 2nd time around. Its an expensive lesson but that is life. Passing will feel even better when you do get it and it has been earned and just not given to you.

Try not to feel too down about it, I know it's very hard not to. Mine was £125.50 each time and I failed 3 times so very expensive for someone only contracted to 8 hours a week :( But I got there in the end. I kept saying to everyone, as long as I've got the funds to do it then I'll keep on trying. Luckily the roughly 2 -3 week waits between tries would often go over my payday so just managed to hang in there each time.

You could possibly look into using a different training school if they had a pre-booked slot sooner (That's what the guy from skegness did, came down and used Camrider and did his mod 1 in Peterborough) But I guess it's not ideal and not everyone finds it easy to get used to a different bike, instructor, area etc.. so quickly within a few hours.

You could go the buying your own bike way but then I guess you'd have to pay to get it transported to the test centre?

At least you've got a 125 that you can use to practice on in the mean time :)

The day I passed that test was SUCH a good feeling, was well worth it. I was shaking so bad when he told me I'd passed and gave a Huuuge sigh of relief. :D

Gutted for you Stan. Don't beat yourself up mate.

Good luck with the next one, I'm sure you'll nail it.

Just a bit gutted Paul,

Was gunna text u and let you know but im in a right mood tonight :-( hopefully the re-test will go better just wish it wasn't such a long wait, they even had me pencilled in next week for mod 2 they where that sure of the result.

My instructor also had a good MOD 1 pass record until he met me too! :oops: On my second 'attempt' I got as far as the gates to be told that all of the examiners were on strike! :shock: No one had told the training school and my instructor was there waiting for me to arrive to give me the bad news! :evil: I know just how you feel Stan I too was gutted but kept at it as I had spent so much on getting this far I refused to stop and was determined I would beat the damn thing. I even asked the examiner if I had an invite to the Christmas dance for being such a regular customer. :lol: Chin up mate, you will get there. :wink:

Try not to worry about it too much!

I failed my mod1 test a couple of weeks ago too, I had no minors but buggered up the u turn... and like you, I have had to wait a good couple of weeks for my retake (next Tuesday!). You just got to keep going until you pass. Annoying as it is expensive but we will get there in the end.

Good luck for next time ;-)

Sorry to hear that :( I hated the U-turn. on the road just before the test i really struggled to do it. At the end of the day if you can do the other manouvers you know what to practice =)

I also hate the swerve test... My least favourite!!

Got my DAS booked for end of September. I sold my bike and havnt ridden for a few months. ( do have 2 years riding experience).

This is my fear! I can ride. But i know im gonna be rusty and wobly when i havnt ridden for some time. Have no issues with anything else just u turn and the 8.

Just gotta keep straigt headed.

Got my DAS booked for end of September. I sold my bike and havnt ridden for a few months. ( do have 2 years riding experience).

This is my fear! I can ride. But i know im gonna be rusty and wobly when i havnt ridden for some time. Have no issues with anything else just u turn and the 8.

Just gotta keep straigt headed.

better check your cbt hasnt expired before the test dates!