Guess the classic exhaust.

Guest sgreen503

Hi recently bought this exhaust at an autojumble. Inscripted with CAMPBELL971. Actually I bought 2, both right hand side. Which means I need a left side for a custom build I'm doing which has twin exhausts. So did it come off a 2 into 1 exhaust which means I'm wasting my time cos there isn't a left side version, or did it come off a bike with twin exhausts and I can scrounge around for the left side version.

Essentially I'm asking, what bike did this come off!!!! AJS maybe, Suzuki 200 someone suggested but I don't think it is.

If you copy 'WHAT BIKE DID THIS COME OFF? CAMPBELL 971' into youtube i've posted pictures.

Any help appreciated.

Begin the motorbike quiz!

campell is the make of the exhaust as far as i remember they were a common replacement univeral fitting to fit on many different old british bikes back in the day finding a new left hand one might be bit of a task but i expect there are copies around but might mean visiting autojumbles and the like to find one

I had a Campbell 2-1 on a Honda CB175.......had a weird arrangement in the end can where there was 2 slotted disks with a central bolt going through them.....you could turn one of the disks so the slots were fully open, or turn it to close the slots.....kinda like a variable baffle......so you tune it to the level of noise you wanted..... 8-)

Thanks Eastanglianbiker and Tango for your replies. I think this could be fruitless task, but i'll give a couple of autojumbles a go. If not, I'll bite the bullet and get some universals.

Thanks