Getting my mojo back

OK, so I had my first really truly lesson today. I wish I had insisted on this months ago at school number 1 instead of just accepting the "you'll pick it up as you go along" approach.

I did well, i.e. I didn't fall off, didn't drop the bike, didn't panic, didn't wobble (not too much anyway). I also didn't get out of first gear - but that's ok because at least I was USING the gear. B showed me just how little you need to move the throttle to get a result, and how much depends on the clutch lever.

:D

I got both feet up and did a few circuits of the car park - what a difference it made having a big space, I didn't have to think about getting close to any obstacles because there was plenty of room.

I only did 40 minutes of the hour I'd booked, because I wanted to finish on a good note rather than do that thing we do so often, trying to get just one perfect manoeuvre and then messing up at the end and having a bad memory to go away with. And for that reason B didn't charge me for the full hour, so you can't say fairer than that.

He said I'd improved massively and I've got another lesson booked for next week. I don't think B thought I was going to be able to do it (you can tell when somebody says one thing but secretly thinks another), and it was very satisfying to see how pleased he was with me. He's a good instructor, does what I do when I'm teaching somebody something - lots of praise when you get it right or improve a bit - which is so encouraging.

:thumb:

Having been practicing on my pushbike has really helped, so I'll carry on with that in between.