MOD 1 Passed

Well, I've finally got my MOD 1 passed today, its my first time doing the test after having to put it back 3 times due to work (workshy colleagues calling in sick) still I've handed my notice in and I'm starting a new job next week so that isn't going to be a problem anymore :up: The reason for posting is that it wasn't ALL plain sailing; I managed to skid during the emergency stop, at which point I thought I'd blown it, examiner walked over (I'm thinking "go over to the gate and I'll let you out") but he asked me to turn around and do the avoidance, I'm thinking he didnt see it, then should I tell him? quickly followed by no !! :wink: . Avoidance went OK, then the gate, then "you've passed"

So sat in the Office he says "you had a clear run apart from the emergency stop. I noticed the skid but as its wet and you went through the speed trap at a good speed (58) and you controlled the skid perfectly I awarded 1 minor" I thought a skid was "it", get your shit and leave, but apparently not.

The weird thing about it was that I felt a little sideways movement at the start of the emergency stop, but it didn't feel like a skid, more a sort of greasy slide affair... because I had just started braking I was still moving at a fair lick, it was easy to ease off the rear brake whilst still covering it with my foot and let the front brake do all the work. I think if it had been at the end, as I came to a stop, I wouldn't have got away with it... Lucky :shock:

Congratulations Kirium

I did the same in the same sort of conditions, only slightly but it did happen and the examiner said due to the conditions and I was in control it was ok but if it had happened in the dry it would be an instant fail.

Congrats on the mod1. The wording for emergency stops is I think, Bring the vehicle to a controlled stop as quickly as is safely possible. As you kept control of the bike it was a judgement call by the examiner and he obviously judged you safe.