Food for thought... a week in Germany. 6/9/15 - 12/9/15

Guest Shorty

I'd love to go on this but I'm tripped booked up as it were, but can I recommend a biker friendly hotel I've stopped at, just a suggestion I see you have plenty of info knowledge.

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=52701

I'd love to go on this but I'm tripped booked up as it were, but can I recommend a biker friendly hotel I've stopped at, just a suggestion I see you have plenty of info knowledge.

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=52701

Thanks for that fella.. I'm all in favour of 'options' and would probably have given that serious consideration had accommodation not already been sorted. The hotel we stay at is cheap without being 'bargain basement'. by no means 'flash', but exactly what you would expect of a low price hotel in germany. Nothing like an F1. for instance... a lot more 'homely' than that. Comfortable without being luxurious. theres a 4 star place practically next door if you want 'luxury' and are prepared to pay for it. Everyone who has been before is already looking forward to returning to this particular hotel. its that good.

We'll probably be taking 10/12 rooms and as this hotel has 60, thats not a problem - also they have never asked for a deposit which in my view makes them very 'user friendly' - getting the cash together from those going is the sort of 'hard work' I can do without.

Not as close to the Nurburgring, but that isn't the prime destination for this week. its merely an added bonus. because the track normally opens at 5:30 - it means turning up there towards the end of a days 'ride out' - a lap or two, then straight back to the Hotel for the evening meal. the owners are so easy-going that they're not all that bothered about what time we turn up for dinner. this is another major plus.

I've tried to make this as affordable as possible. so half board plus single supplement works out at £30.50 per night (£50 for a double). pretty much unbeatable, given what you get for your cash, plus the added bonus of very cheap petrol on the doorstep in Luxembourg and for those that fancy: a day out there having a wander round the old town. It all adds up to a bargain week away with more options of 'things to do' than you can shake a stick at.

• 3 weeks later...