fuel tank repairs?

Hi, a bike was advertised for sale but the bottom seam on the tank was rusted. To what extent I can't tell from the photos. But I do know from searching the tank model is almost impossible to find. I've found a couple on Japan Ebay!!!

I'm giving up on it.

gautrex is the man to ask about tank repairs if i remember correctly he has just had or having one done that was really bad but talking huge amounts of money as its not just a case of welding seam back in it normally have to remove section of tank make up new section weld it in can see y folk run a mile from doing them

as far as I know (which isn't much) before attempting a repair on a tank, you would need to empty it of fuel, wash it twice and make sure all fuel vapours are gone before considering putting a welder near it.

After you've farted around doing this, probably easier with a 2nd hand tank.