Rusted Downpipes on Katana 1995 GSX600f

Guest chick3n2011

Hey guys,

I'm new to the forum. This is a last ditch method of finding out the information I need. I've searched what feels like the whole internet and can't see to get a definite answer.

I have a 1995 Katana GSX600f. It has 4 downpipes that lead into a collector box that then trails off into a single exhaust end can.

Does anyone know of any other exhaust systems that would fit? Or where I can find an exhaust system to fit my bike? Getting quoted £300 odd pounds.

More importantly, there are some MK1 GSF600 Bandit exhaust systems that look scarily similar, does anyone know if this can fit or be easily modified to fit? I'm a mechanic, so can weld etc.

Thanks in advance for any help people may give.

Leon.

not sure if bandit ones are the same or not but i do know you will have trouble undoing the bolts in the head that clamp the pipes on,if you can get to them it will be worth giving t hem a clean up if you can and spray some penetrating oil on them a few times allowing it to soak in will give you a better chance of them coming undone instead of shearing off which is a common problem

they are ceramic coated

its a right twat to get off and it takes a lot of elbow grease to get them shiny

if you can't be arsed to put the work in to polish them then paint as you say

my TL1000s pipes where the same and my brother polished them on an industrial polisher and it was still a pain in the arse