Cadwell Park, 07/03/2015

It could be a blessing! (missing me) :D

I'm staying at the Crown Inn in Saltfleet Fri/Sat night so I might pop down on Sunday to say hi if they let me in the circuit - can't see why not just for me to spectate

I'm not embarrassed to admit that it was quite terrifying at points for me to even attempt to ride fast around Cadwell. I've been to quite a few tracks before, this one knocked my own sense of skill or riding ability more than any other venue I've ridden. Certainly not a novice friendly place & I'm not strictly a novice either!

O.K. I had ridden a pretty miserable, windy and cold 4 hr ride up from Oxford on the Friday, so I was feeling absolutely f***ed on Saturday if I'm being fair to myself. I'm even more shagged today, I hurt in places I haven't ever before :)

But..

The amount of fun ( as well as terror :D ) was well worth it though and I'm glad to have ridden around it. Huge respect to the people that can ride this place quick, they are certainly deserving of it.

yeah he has just got his ACU race licence I believe so knew he wouldnt be novice

did the mountain scare you then? its steeper than it looks isn't it :lol:

Yep, first bike in the picture.

11043337_10153126373872889_6900734057228847101_o.jpg

The mountain isn't so bad as the approach is slow & I'm used to jumps having had many a motor-x bike. It's the the top end, especially the gooseneck, that scared me.

Being off camber, blind and bloody hard to judge how late to brake into mansfield and the drop.

Arrrghhh! :)

Edit to say: I wasn't particularly interesting to watch part from from maybe a "hey, look at that slow coach" perspective so that's why no photos of me :) I did screw up quite often on the entry to the hall bends , which happens to be right by the cafe, isn't it, oh joy-of-joys.... :lol: . A ZX-10 crashed there on the first session, luckily it wasn't that spectacular and the rider was o.k..

I found hall bends easy to get and I went through their rather swiftly then was way too fast in to the hairpin!

I always found barn a bit scary with it been off camber and under trees its known for been very slippery

mansfield catches a lot of people out as its the first big right hander of the track so that side of the tyre is cold!

the only pics he has got are of him so you wont be in them if you was in a different group

no worrys. track was wet/damp. red flaged every session most people come of between coppice and charlies. i had a twitchy bum moment there and the bike threw me in the air. last session before dinner was good because it had started to dry out, still not able to do go fast around the hairpin/barn and Mansfield because it never dried out.

it was heavy rain at 2ish so i went home.

i love cadwell, all of it especially coppice round to Mansfield. nice and fast.

i was there on the 1st for a novice day. but im sure there were some guys there who werent novies at all.. they were flying round us all like we were nothing.

I love how cadwell is laid out, i hate barn corner though, always puts me off. love flying down the start finish straight and the rest of the track. till hairpin and barn where its a bit slow (for me) ;)

I ride the slower bits a lot better than the fast, Barn corner for me was fun as the gsxr powered out along the straight :). It's the entry speed to coppice (and then through Charlies) and also the gooseneck that unnerved me; both of which I found difficult to judge and I got passed here a lot. Loved the turn into Park (after the straight) & the chris curve too, that was a lot easier.

I think I should have took the blade really, the gsxr is a bit of a bucking bronco in comparison :)

Had a go-over the back tyre, it's now down to about 1mm in the centre but still has about 3mm on the sides lol! I knew it was one of the squarest rears I've seen on a sportsbike but !!

Thankfully I have a new front + rear ordered and once fitted should make a world of difference next time out for corning confidence. My last track day I have 1/2 worn tyres but I put the miles on them and tend not to square them off anywhere near as bad as the previous owner did on this GSXR.

Not a great photo, it looks like most if not all the pictures of me were taken on the first session as I haven't got my knee sliders on & my tyres are still cold/flat :|. Not that it got that much better but at I scraped a knee on park/chris at some point :)

large_6b316dd36_DSC_5041.JPG.8f7d681d25c972f4c5266eabf1536075.JPG