Rear wheel movement.

Phooey

I took the opportunity while the weather is gorgeous down here to give the bike a good once over. Adjusted and lubricated, checked and inspected. You know the drill. I came to the back wheel and noticed that there was some movement in the side to side direction.

Sat on the floor facing the rear disc and legs either side of the wheel (left leg behind the bike and right leg under the bike) I gripped the front and the rear side of the wheel and tried to twist it as if it were a steering rear wheel. I felt a definite movement. A slight knocking and definite movement.

Is this an issue with the rear bearings or am I over thinking again?

Thanks

Move the swingarm :lol:

You also have to make sure its not your suspension linkage too

Its easier with a helping hand as they can wobble while you feel for the movement/knocking

Had a mate pop round ... wheel bearings apparantly.

Which is a bugger because I wont have the time to sort it for a couple of weeks and I wanted to come up to Mallory Park on the 19th.

Hmmm!