Look what ive built

Joeman

Haha, i just looked again joeman and its tge shadow of the ridge beam.

Btw, what happened with your builder? Did you get the money back or him back on site?

Took legal advice. They suggested waiting until its all built sonwe know the total cost, and to allow him to get other work so he has money in the bank, then sue his arse off. Hes got a law suit coming to ruin his summer ;)

great job Joe...just a word of warning...once the lucky child has unlimited access....pop in every time shes been in there and check it out....we had a 2 story one in the garden when kitty was growing up, and she once kidnapped a neighbours cat and kept it in there for about 6 days :shock:

great job Joe...just a word of warning...once the lucky child has unlimited access....pop in every time shes been in there and check it out....we had a 2 story one in the garden when kitty was growing up, and she once kidnapped a neighbours cat and kept it in there for about 6 days :shock:

Lol, was it tied to a chair with a spotlight in its face??

I'll make sure I check for hostages regularly.. Haha

What are you using for the roof? If your budget allows I would go for the felt shingles. They look good and have at least a five year warranty. I use 18mm ply covered with thin felt with shingles over which gives a good watertight roof. HTH. :wink:

was planning to use 12mm ply as its a bit cheaper than 18mm and those rafters are c16 stud work so pretty sturdy.

been trying to source some wooden shingles but they all seem too expensive at about 40quid per square meter. the felt shingles were the backup option. alternative was to do a proper tiling job with felt underneath but that might be a bit overkill, and full size tiles might look wrong on a small house.

would you be able to suggest any cheap suppliers?

other things i need are small guttering and maybe some ready made shutters to save me making them.

for the shingles, what about a trip to the local forrest and look for some fallen bark roughly all the same size? though it does depend on what style you are going for ai guess. I'm just a bit too much hippy, happy to live in a tent or a hole in the ground :lol: