Module 2 - Retake Costs

I failed my first attempt at mod 2 this week, I kinda knew I would as I get quite nervous under test conditions.

my training school will want to charge me another £250 for the test day. £70ish for the test and the rest for bike hire, the trainers time etc....

I feel that all I need is for them to get me to the test centre and the loan of the bike for the time and if I could get a 10-11 o'clock test we'd be all done by lunch time, so the £180 for their time seem a lot!

Anyone know of a school that might do me a slightly better deal on a retest as I don't think I need any training on the day, apart from getting used to the bike and say an hours drive to the test centre????

I'm in London btw so anywhere around that area would be best...

I guess the £180 is for a fulls day training including the test. It may be very beneficial to have another full days training before your test. Their costs may change depending on what time the actual test is.

When I had to retake my mod 2 last year it cost £185. That was test fee and the price of a full days training (4hours) even though we only did 1.5-2 hours training/riding before heading to the test centre.

Wowza. If I failed my mod 1 a retest - including the instructors bike and time and fee was £25 and for the mod 2 failure it was £100. Same thing, test fee + bike + his time for that.

all it costs me is 2 hours (£60) plus test costs (£75.50) it seems likely what Runningman is saying that the full £250 is for a full days training. Have they explained why the cost is so high? might be worth asking them and seeing why it is that much.

The cost of a MOD 2 resit is around £210 for the school I use in Essex.

I haven't asked for a breakdown of the cost so this is my own guess, however if you factor in the cost of the test, bike hire, insurance, petrol, your pre lesson plus the fact the instructor is going to be sitting in the DSA office for an hour not doing a great deal when you are actually on the test (wasted time, no income from another student) I would say although it is a lot of money this is working out about right.

Don't get me wrong, I only have my Mod 2 to complete and the thought of failing this and having to shell out again isn't good (nerves are not my friend, took me 3 attempts on my mod 1 so I am not hopeful)

That does seem quite high. After failing my Mod 1, my Mod 2 was cancelled in case my instructor couldn't get me another Mod 1 in enough time. He told me another full session (4hours, bike hire, helmet and jacket, CDW and test fee) would have been around £130 (fortunately it all worked out and I only had to pay for the Mod1 retake and hire of bike just for the test). On my Mod 2, my instructor spent his time with another pupil practising in a quiet road near the centre- not sure if your instructor does that.

Just seems very high to me- just make sure you pass next time! :)