Theory Test booked for 12th May! (UPDATE: PASSED)

So my Theory Test is all booked now and is scheduled for the 12th May!

I have been doing mock tests solid the past few days and at first I was passing all the time and I was surprised how much I still remembered from way back when I took my Driving Theory Test. As time has gone on though, I have been failing the Hazard Perception part at the end and only passing the Question exam barely!

Can any advice be given?

Edited by Troy

To be honest mate.

I think the best advice to give is to stop panicking about it.

It is nowhere near as bad as people make out.

I agree with this. Try to relax as much as possible. You still have plenty of time to practice for it. I know you want to pass first time but it's not the end of the world if if you have to retake it. All the best.

I got the app on my phone and just kept doing the questions till I was getting 48 and 49 regularly.

I got the hazard perception dvd off amazon and just did practiced that a lot.There were a few online ones too that helped.

Don't over think the hazards.I thought you had to press for every little thing but really they are obvious ones and you only need to press a few times per clip.

The hazard part of the test is nowalmost if not all CGI. There aren't lots of potential hazards anymore and I found it pretty obvious what the hazards where. Using CGI the clips can be made rather than using a real life scene where there may be plenty of potential hazards. I was told by my instructor to click 3 times with for what you consider a hazard so if you are too early your next clicks should fall within the marks. My score improved greatly when I took this approach.

Like others have said, it's not as bad as you think it is so try to stop worrying about it. Good luck!

So my Theory Test is all booked now and is scheduled for the 12th May!

I have been doing mock tests solid the past few days and at first I was passing all the time and I was surprised how much I still remembered from way back when I took my Driving Theory Test. As time has gone on though, I have been failing the Hazard Perception part at the end and only passing the Question exam barely!

Can any advice be given?

i was exactly the same... and i passed, even though i thought i had failed..... just get in and do it.... dont second guess yourself.....and overall relax

• 3 weeks later...

I passed guys!

47/50 correct on the Multiple Choice part

and....

57 of 74 points scored on the Harzard Perception Test.

Mod 1&2 left to do :D

Not yet. I'm trying to get in contact with my CBT instructor to progress, he can be like fairy dust though and is terrible at returning your calls.

Well done! Almost the best thing is not having to spend your evenings doing mock tests and reading the Highway Code.

I found the more I practiced, the worse my results became. Theory was never a problem as I've been driving for 41 years, but I was surprised that the hazard perception was so tricky. However, on the real test I got 62/75, and I think the best thing I did was to stop practising a few days beforehand because I was just getting more and more disheartened.

The real thing is, as many have said, rather easier than the mock ones. I think it helps that you are seeing the clips for the first time.