Facebook trending

MarkW

So, having seen one of my least favourite politicians lose his seat in spectacular style, I posted a Facebook comment expressing my delight. I may have used the term 'rebarbative little turd'. I then got a reply from a friend saying that it was a great comment, and was now 'trending'.

Naturally I deleted the post because it was never intended for wider public consumption, but on what basis is Facebook making my posts available this way? Seems a bit naughty...

was it a comment on an open page? or a status update. if you really dont like it set your privacy settings to what you like and you wont have to worry about it.

It was just a bog standard status update, and the first time anything that I've posted has ended up trending. Perhaps it picked up the name of the MP.

All my privacy settings look sensible - can't immediately see what I could change to stop it happening again... :scratch: