im after some gloves and im wondering what you guys are wearing, im after some short gloves that's waterproof and warm but not thick on the palm as im useless with thick gloves, im wearing alpinestar summer gloves at the minute and the ride home tonight in the wet had my hands numb, so any advice people?

Whatever you get remember to put your gloves INSIDE your jacket in the rain. I was very pleased to get home with dry hands, then as I got off the bike and lowered my arms a load of water ran down my sleeves and filled my gloves with freezing rainwater!

I've got some a'stars arctic drystar gloves. There not too thick but kept my hands warm a couple of months ago. I can feel all the controls easily.

I wear ice climbing gloves during winter and cold wet spring days. Waterproof, lovely and warm, short cuff, very grippy palms and not at all bulky.

I fully accept that in a crash they will last about 2 seconds of sliding but I'd rather be not distracted by cold wet hands ;)

I spent £50 on mine from Black Diamond but you could spend £100 and get leather all singing ones which in a crash would hold up very well.

Whatever you get remember to put your gloves INSIDE your jacket in the rain. I was very pleased to get home with dry hands, then as I got off the bike and lowered my arms a load of water ran down my sleeves and filled my gloves with freezing rainwater!

Good tip, but just one question............ does this method not make stearing the bike a tad difficult? Are you using your knees? :scratch: :D

hahaha that happened to me the other day, also Waterproof armoured pants?!?! Looked like i had wet myself!

Back to the question I wear raven summer gloves I'd wear some latex gloves underneath though as I doubt they are waterproof :D