My Wee Beastie (Honda MSX )

Arwen

They are indeed small. But apparently it looks normal sized when I am on it, cause I'm not very big myself!

Here is a picture for comparisons ;-)

IMG_20150509_144939.thumb.jpg.694b661ebb19a48bb56daf6aee12f39e.jpg

MSX and 1150GSA

how fast?

Top speed varies with each bike it would seem. I'm not expecting much over 60mph as it is right now.

I'm still breaking it in, and still getting used to being on two wheels, rather than four, myself so I've not taken it past 40 yet :-/

Nice bike kid :mrgreen:

It should be freaking fun to wheelie with :)

Lol once I've got more comfortable on it then maybe I'll give it a go ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

I saw one of those at a bike meet last night, it sounds like a beast, had an exhaust conversion on it sounded like a massive mike till i saw it pull in then i was impressed that something that deep and loud could come out of something so tiny!

It's so cute, i want one :D Bet it probably goes pretty fast reckon 70+ let us know! :D

Most people can only get the stock ones up to around 65-ish. Changing the gearing, intake and exhaust has allowed some to get over 70mph. Personally, the roads I used it for are all 60mph and below :-)

I'll do a top speed run once the engine is broken in.

I saw one of those at a bike meet last night, it sounds like a beast, had an exhaust conversion on it sounded like a massive mike till i saw it pull in then i was impressed that something that deep and loud could come out of something so tiny!

Lol yea they do sound great without that stock exhaust. Can't wait to change mine out :-D

I'm thinking of posting a review once I've got it up to around 1000 miles or so. It seems every time I take it out it is getting smoother and more responsive, and the clutch is finally being a bit less grab-by and trying to buck me off!

As it stands just now, I love it. I have however promised myself that the first mod I make to it, after changing the tyres for ones that actually grip, will be to remove the L plates. So theory is booked for the 5th June. I'll look and see when I can get booked in for the rest towards the end of summer. After the L's are gone, then new exhaust, seat and getting some of the plastics painted purple (suggestions for what shade would be good, ideally a purple that is already used as stock on a bike or car). Then I might look at suspension and brake upgrades, but I have no issues with the stock set up right now.

I have found that the wind can be a bit of an issue, gusts of 30mph+ I find rather scary on it to be honest. That could just be because I am new to biking and not used to it though. Might try fitting a windscreen to it to see if this helps at all.

Definately worth while upgrading.

AS for the wind its probably weight of the bike. found that on my 125. went to a 600 and i rarely notice unless its like a hurricane