Recommend me some 'Waterproof overs'...

I have a Scotland trip planned for beginning of July and as this is the UK... it is likely that we will face at least a day of rain!

My kit is 'semi dry' but with the miles we plan for each day I need to have some back-up to keep me comfortable (it's meant to be a holiday after all!).

I have seen various arguments for one or two piece suits... I have looked at quite a few of both based on recommendations on RIDE etc...

At the moment I am torn between:

Behring Eco: http://www.getgeared.co.uk/BLH_BERING_E ... _Rain_Suit

or

http://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcy ... 86#reviews

and

http://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcy ... prod/33270

Both work out about the £50 mark... any thoughts or experiences with either or any different recommendations?

Thanks, Dave

I have the richa all in one wp suit and its a cracking bit of kit. Well made, tough and warm. The two piece will be more user friendly as the suit is a pain to get on over leathers but not impossible

I have the richa all in one wp suit and its a cracking bit of kit. Well made, tough and warm. The two piece will be more user friendly as the suit is a pain to get on over leathers but not impossible

Just got back from a weeks touring in the south of France. Two of my mates had the yellow/black one-piece Richa suits. One of them had to be helped into it each time it rained and both if them ended up with soaked bollocks at the end of the day. Mind you, it did lash down at times and even washed a lot of the mountain onto the road!

Just got back from a weeks touring in the south of France. Two of my mates had the yellow/black one-piece Richa suits. One of them had to be helped into it each time it rained and both if them ended up with soaked bollocks at the end of the day. Mind you, it did lash down at times and even washed a lot of the mountain onto the road!

If you have a restrictive jacket (which i do) they are a pain to get over top half.

As for waterproof wise, i have an all black one and done a 3 hour ride in torrential rain and was only damp round the neck as i wasnt wearing a tube

I hope it isn't going to be that bad in Scotland! One good... one not so good review for the Richa gear. I think the two piece is probably where I will go. I ride on my own quite a lot so don't want to get caught out!

Thanks for the replies...

I just wear my normal motorcycle gear, and under my seat i have some waterproof trousers and jacket that i got from blacks/millets for about £15. Does the job if its really bad. Also check out vee wipes, i got one for my birthday yesterday so have yet to test it but looks pretty good :D

Thanks... The Vee wiper looks a bit strange! I just have some nikwax visor spray which seems to work well enough to allow the water to bead.

Twice in one day for recommending visitors to Scotland get the Spada 912 over jacket. I use them with Weise over trousers. Both thoroughly tested in Scottish and Irish day long rain and both kept me dry.

• 1 month later...

I need to get myself a waterproof over jacket, the trouble I have is that I have a 52 inch chest and a 34 inch waist and I'm 5ft 9.

What is the sizing like on this kit? It looks like I'll have to get a XXXL to fit my chest but the arms will be stupidly long!

I need to get myself a waterproof over jacket, the trouble I have is that I have a 52 inch chest and a 34 inch waist and I'm 5ft 9.

What is the sizing like on this kit? It looks like I'll have to get a XXXL to fit my chest but the arms will be stupidly long!

I've the opposite problem - 6'2" with 38" chest and monkey arms. Maybe we could trade sleeves?

• 2 months later...