Stupid question ...

Phooey

... but then I'm the king of stupid questions. :D

Where is the brake light switch for my front brake? My brake light isn't coming on when I apply the front brake.

:(

EDIT: to correct some patheticly poor English.

Edited by Phooey

Cheers mate ... that is very usefull. Looked at mine and the connectors appear to be inplace ok. If I pull the brake lever, I can hear the clicking of the switch but no light so is that telling me that the switch is fooked or the switch is OK and I need to look elsewhere?

short the wires out if the light comes on then its the switch or dodgy connection

if no light its further down the line :thumb:

Aha ... dodgy connection. I shorted the wires and got a light. Put the connectors back on and tested gain ... no light. Then I noticed that sometimes I got a quick flash when I pulled the lever so I held the lever in and wobbled the connections and I got the light come on and off.

It's going to be pissing buckets here tomorrow so maybe Tuesday or Wednesday I'll take a look at it.

Decided to try something. Took the connectors off and sprayed WD40 over the pins and in the connectors. Then squeezed the connectors a bit with pliers and replaced them. Light seems to work again. :D

Will check again tomorrow but looks like another quick job sorted. Thanks.