Bandit 1250SA

Grumpy Old Git

Bought new in 2007 - This model was a 'step change' from my earlier Bandit 1200.

New:

Fuel Injection;

ABS;

Longer (slightly) wheelbase.

The bike handles like a dream, smooth / fast acceleration and superb cornering.

In the 7+ years of ownership, I've only ever changed the tyres (as well as the standard servicing items).

OK - So some folk have nick-named this model as the 'Blandit' but there are loads of aftermarket accessories you can add to make this your own machine. I added:

Crash bungs

Pull backs / risers

Carbon yolk protector

Carbon rear hugger

Stainless steel radiator cover/grill

Gel seat

Brush guards

12v supply point

GIVI Wing Rack

Alarm

Scott Oiler (Touring kit)

I would recomend this bike as a 'cheap' very decent sports tourer.

Carbon yolk protector

Huh, and here I was using a plastic thingie to transport eggs in safety on my bike...

http://g02.a.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1W67aIXXXXXcqXpXXq6xXFXXXf/Free-Shipping-10pcs-NEW-Kitchen-Folding-Plastic-2-font-b-Eggs-b-font-font-b-Protector.jpg

• 2 months later...

I have just purchased a Bandit 1250sa. 07 plate with 14k miles....

First Impression (first 50 miles).

Engine

Absolutely stunning, It works well at low revs in traffic and the city, and it pulls from low revs. It feels like it needs to change gear slightly earlier than on a 600 sport but ur power comes from down low.

So far its been great and opening it up the torque is great. It's a bit quieter than a sports bike and I may put an aftermarket exhaust on, just to make it a little louder. I had an accident from behind and now want to be as loud as possible.

The throttle is so smooth its untrue.

Ride/Handling

I haven't really done enough miles to have an opinion but it doesn't feel like a big heavy bike, its nible enough and enjoyable. The only thing I'd change is slightly harder front forks.

Brakes

My first ABS bikes and the brakes feel different. They feel ever so slighlty weaker yet they aren't.... Time will tell on whether I like this or not.

Build Quality

Top notch. Everything feels and works as it should, everything feels sharp, everything feels well thought out...

Extra

Bike came with some extra, braided hose lines, modified seat, bellypan, center stand and a few other bits, I've also added scottoiler as it's just had a new chain.

Overall

It doesn't quite match a sports bike in terms of excitement, its a little slower, little less nimble, but its a power house, pulls and pulls. has power where it's needed, and is generally a dream to ride. Based upon my past bike's its better than my

fz6 - had it from new 08 plate. Was a great bike but felt like it ran of of oomph to soon

zx636b1h - Not made a call on this yet - It is my favorite bike I owned

Daytona 650 - I hated this bike....

All in all really happy and would recommend to anyone.