Fogging Specs

Hey guys. ^.^

As you lot know, I got my bike recently [OMG so much funnnnn] and I'm finding an issue... Under 30, I ride with the visor up... however... once once I put it down.. my glasses fog up something evil! I got a pinlock for my visor so no fogging there but my glasses are making it just as bad if not worse! T.T

Any suggestions?

Simple liquid soap - johnson's baby shampoo or similar

Just a couple of drops, polish it in - seems to last a bit longer if you can leave it a while before polishing but works all the same whichever way you do it

• 3 months later...

I bought one of these because someone told me the pinlock only worked if you didn't wear specs!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/29138672 ... ue&ff13=80

It's really really fiddly to get on the first time, but once you've put the helmet on and off a few times you'll forget its even there, works good for me, my glasses never fog up!

I bought one of these because someone told me the pinlock only worked if you didn't wear specs!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/29138672 ... ue&ff13=80

It's really really fiddly to get on the first time, but once you've put the helmet on and off a few times you'll forget its even there, works good for me, my glasses never fog up!

I have one of these 18 Quid local bike shop:

At the age of 61, a learner rider by the way, I have finally gone for contact lenses - I said I never would because I couldn't bear the thought; then I have such a complicated prescription I thought it wouldn't be possible; but it's so uncomfortable trying to cram specs under a lid and doesn't do them any good, so I thought I'd give them a try.

It's really worth it - so many problems solved - I only wear them for biking and sports, so just for a few hours at a time. It solves the problem of rain, too.

Like everyone else says

Ventilation is key

The one plus side to my helmet is that the chin vents don't have the option to close so I'm pretty much fog free

Only time I did suffer was when I came back from Wales I put my neck warmer up over my nose which caused my breath to funnel upwards

I ride with my visor open all the year round but do wear sunglasses a lot, plastic framed ones bend to allow you to wear a helmet, 'frogeye' closefitting ones work well. Opticians will fit prescription lens in them.

This is just a learned behaviour after riding a K100LT for years.