PROJECT Kawasaki ER5 500cc Arrived home safely

Walk it its 10 min walk away :)

10 min walk without a bike! Probably half an hour, many tears and OH SH** moments with a bike!

Also part of my brain is saying it still needs to be insured....?

How will you get it to the mot station?

Push it :lol:

But that is actually a good question.

10 min walk from me lucky enough i picked the one nearest to me, up a small hill then down a long hill. and then repeat the steps in reverse .... or my old man said if it goes though a MOT if its okay with me to put insurance on it and he will use it as and when...

that's one way

i don't mind the walk/push

How will you get it to the mot station?

Push it :lol:

But that is actually a good question.

10 min walk from me lucky enough i picked the one nearest to me, up a small hill then down a long hill. and then repeat the steps in reverse .... or my old man said if it goes though a MOT if its okay with me to put insurance on it and he will use it as and when...

that's one way

i don't mind the walk/push

erm.........if you havent passed your test yet which you havent and th police stop you pushign the bike along and you have the keys on you then you are in charge of the bike and be be done in accordance with road traffic acts for no licence or insurance or road tax the mot you will be ok with as its prebooked in

Ah thanks for clarifying EAB thought there was some law like that.

There was a story (on the Internet so may not be true!) About a guy who was really drunk so slept in his car but because he had the keys on him got done for possible intent to drink drive or some such.

A kid I used to work with got done for drink driving with a similar thing!

he had been to pub for a few drinks nothing heavy

came home to a puncture on his car and with him been at work the next day he changed it!

copper decided to stop to see if he needed a hand and did him for DD because he had the keys on him!

I checked this out with a couple big bikers and my old man, no insurance etc i never new, always seeing youngsters walking there cbt bikes, didn't think i was doing any wrong, i was stopped many year ago pushing a brand new Chinese chonky bike with no reg they did checks and then it come find and send me on my way.

I havant booked it yet, waiting for the car to remove from the property, ill ring up js gedge or hastings motorcycle see of thry can collect, and what it will cost, if its a silly amount i will just get the old man to go on the insurance and ride it to and from the mot centre.

easist way is insure it for your dad to ride then get him to ride it there and back as long its its booked in then its legal to ride directly to the mot centre the twist is if it passes t hen you are meant to tax it before going home as its now done online bt should be ok just riding it back home if its not t o far

easist way is insure it for your dad to ride then get him to ride it there and back as long its its booked in then its legal to ride directly to the mot centre the twist is if it passes t hen you are meant to tax it before going home as its now done online bt should be ok just riding it back home if its not t o far

Hiya

Thats the plan batman ;) Car is being picked up tomorrow, i will collect the ramp this weekend and get a pal to give me hand to get it out of the garden. Thrn start the process of insurance book mot etc exciting stuff

Car Has sold and gone but the er5... My old man wizzed it up the road and it might not being going up for sale. Might be letting the old man ride it long term.. I think i might cut my ties with it and give it to him as early fathers day present its good to see the old man back on a bike. Its been a few years since i last saw him road worthy on a bike. The last one was a 1200'thorphy but he had to give up because of his knee op and bad hands.. I am going to discuss it with him see if he would like it or would he like me to recover the land rover from the midlands

I have Eased the old man in, said would he like the bike to ride about as and when, he said thank you for offer, but If he was to go back to a bike it be 1200 again, but he said hes hands was playing up after the ride, sad times so he said if i can sort out getting the landrover from corby to south east, then he would be more happy in his monster of a toy. But he was really thankful for the idea but the bike wouldn't get used much he told me to sell it get my das sorted.

It was worth a try... Ill try find a nice picture of the land rover...

Update the er5

Need to adjust the rear brake should the rear wheel freely then push the foot brake it stops but if i go any tighter the brake gets sharper and the rear wheel does not spin as much.. Should i like it where it is

The drum shoes have alot of meat still and i cleaned the pads and inside the wheel when i did the bearing.... Well hopefully its done i pick up mu ramp this week i will get a video of my first propper ride on the drive (bit naughty but cul de sac to cul de sac.

I am proud of my self i am slowly getting all the projects done one at a time

Honda chaly cf70 next ;) Modified or standard

the er5 should have brake marker sat on the spline to help you sort it out but if it hasnt then you should wind the adjuster in on the thread so u can feel it touching as you turn the wheel then back it off between 1/2 and 1 full turn and test it then but also make sure you havent got the brake actuator arm in the wrong position

the er5 should have brake marker sat on the spline to help you sort it out but if it hasnt then you should wind the adjuster in on the thread so u can feel it touching as you turn the wheel then back it off between 1/2 and 1 full turn and test it then but also make sure you havent got the brake actuator arm in the wrong position

back to working with the bike friday hopefully having a test ride (to the end of the drive way lol)

i will adjust it if it needs adjusting

This has been on ebay twice i am really really tempted by this always wanted a Nc30 .....nc24 almost the same... the colors would match one of my old Tzr's generally thinking it would be a keeper overall

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/391371567879? ... EBIDX%3AIT

so it needs upper fairing you try finding a good one then matching the paint you already have needs brakes rebuilding forks rebuilding new tyres new exhaust.......................that bill is about a grand plus the cost of the bike they are selling it off as is because its not worth them doing up to sell and the bits that make it worth breaking are already broken

This has been on ebay twice i am really really tempted by this always wanted a Nc30 .....nc24 almost the same... the colors would match one of my old Tzr's generally thinking it would be a keeper overall

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/391371567879? ... EBIDX%3AIT

so it needs upper fairing you try finding a good one then matching the paint you already have needs brakes rebuilding forks rebuilding new tyres new exhaust.......................that bill is about a grand plus the cost of the bike they are selling it off as is because its not worth them doing up to sell and the bits that make it worth breaking are already broken

Thanks for that info dude, i am resisting my self from buying any more projects until some more of mine are completed or sold one.

After a very eventful morning getting the bike out today it started up ran find then.... I washed the bike now it won't start ? Just turns over no attempt tonstart left it for few hours to drive tried again no luck :( :( just as i was about to take it for MOT :( this has happened ? I have not checked anything yet :/ back to square 1 i am not happy now... Left it alone its covered up and locked away. Leave to dry out tomorrow or monday i might give it another try turning over if no luck then, drain the tank check air box isn't full of water.

It wouldn't bump/select into gear ?

Two lights are now on the dash board both orange ones oil ? And other i think is tempeture

is the other the side stand warning switch?,im not sure just guessing

i am not sure i will get a photo in the morning. tried it again earlier didn't want to run ill try it in the morning if not ill drip drain it and check the usually things. :(

No luCk turns over smell rich so ill take the tank of drain it, clean the plugs maybe new plugs

And going to change the oil and fuel to fresh stuff

http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p562/classickid21/kawasaki%20er5%20a3%201999%20project/4856335E-1509-4718-8A96-E677EF337503_zpsjpxib7ta.jpg

well the 2 orange lights are oil light which should be on when engine is not running and the other one is temperature warning,if it is turning over you havent flicked the kill switch by chance have you?but if it was running before you pressure washed it then you have got water into the electrics somewhere

well the 2 orange lights are oil light which should be on when engine is not running and the other one is temperature warning,if it is turning over you havent flicked the kill switch by chance have you?but if it was running before you pressure washed it then you have got water into the electrics somewhere

Okay the bikes still not running put it away for few days sought of lost interest in the money pit.

No i never presure wash motorcycles not that much of a numpty lol, but i did splash the water over the petrol tank and over the seat. The cdi wires was little wet yesterday checked wasn't too damp.