PROJECT Kawasaki ER5 500cc Arrived home safely

personally i wouldnt go buying something like that which is coming in from china even tho it says item location is southall if you have to return it under warranty it has to go to china normally, you would be better off buying an optimate or something similar for t he same kind of money far better deal in my eyes,i have the halfords one that comes with 2 different sets of leads so that one set can remain connected to the battery all the time and the 2nd set have crocadile clipsso you can clip onto any other battery if needed and it can be left on when bike not in use like the optimate as well like this http://www.halfords.com/motoring/bulbs- ... ry-charger

My thoughts exactly. I always check the legal info if I am suspicious. It's it's a Chinese ish name I stay well clear. I try to buy from UK sellers. I got burned once when a so called UK seller sent me an item That came from Hong Kong. Took 3 months to arrive. When I gave negative feedback he went ballistic and said the item was out of stock in the UK (surprise surprise). He started trying to threaten me by saying he would leave negative feedback. So I said whatever and then ignored him.

Hello Everyone i didn't order either of these but i did order one from online website in England and i checked all the reviews, it was recommended by a family member £41. will be here hopefully Tuesday then i can crack on with the bike

Next todo

fettle the carbs... to idle etc

chain and sprocket set

Pack the cush drive and replace the bearings.

then...

MOT

and then start saving like a crazy man for the insurance i got it down to £1094 Ncb just me on it :D :D :D

slowly getting less on the todo list happy days

personally i wouldnt go buying something like that which is coming in from china even tho it says item location is southall if you have to return it under warranty it has to go to china normally, you would be better off buying an optimate or something similar for t he same kind of money far better deal in my eyes,i have the halfords one that comes with 2 different sets of leads so that one set can remain connected to the battery all the time and the 2nd set have crocadile clipsso you can clip onto any other battery if needed and it can be left on when bike not in use like the optimate as well like this http://www.halfords.com/motoring/bulbs- ... ry-charger

My thoughts exactly. I always check the legal info if I am suspicious. It's it's a Chinese ish name I stay well clear. I try to buy from UK sellers. I got burned once when a so called UK seller sent me an item That came from Hong Kong. Took 3 months to arrive. When I gave negative feedback he went ballistic and said the item was out of stock in the UK (surprise surprise). He started trying to threaten me by saying he would leave negative feedback. So I said whatever and then ignored him.

Hello Everyone i didn't order either of these but i did order one from online website in England and i checked all the reviews, it was recommended by a family member £41. will be here hopefully Tuesday then i can crack on with the bike

Next todo

fettle the carbs... to idle etc

chain and sprocket set

Pack the cush drive and replace the bearings.

then...

MOT

and then start saving like a crazy man for the insurance i got it down to £1094 Ncb just me on it :D :D :D

slowly getting less on the todo list happy days

just buy new ones packing them is not good if they have that much play in them then just fit new

it has about 3/4mm each way, but i need to do the chain any ways, its gone rusty and it looks like its due. If i have the back wheel of i might aswel do all above at the same time instead of going wrong in couple of months down the line. i will have a browse for one online i am sure they can't be no more then £30 new ?

it has about 3/4mm each way, but i need to do the chain any ways, its gone rusty and it looks like its due. If i have the back wheel of i might aswel do all above at the same time instead of going wrong in couple of months down the line. i will have a browse for one online i am sure they can't be no more then £30 new ?

just over £40 but its peace of mind http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kawasaki-GPZ- ... xyYYlRvw77

just over £40 but its peace of mind http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kawasaki-GPZ- ... xyYYlRvw77

Wasn't far of, i will order that this week, with the new chain and sprocket set.

I honestly can not wait to test ride it up and down the drive way. I am like a kid with a new toy.

The insurance is slowly coming down

http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p562/classickid21/kawasaki%20er5%20a3%201999%20project/44B0E022-6817-4545-A794-C48CED245366_zpsbl2owksj.jpg

Almost done need todo cush rubber and ill

Do the bearings

The chain sprockets look ok.

Then once that is done mot time xD

Then move onto the next to get rid project what will be the fiesta... Both items can pay for my test Das test... Then what ever is left ill buy the next bike!!

I have enjoyed this project!

Here is a video of the play in the rear sprocket i am going to do the bearings aswell... Give me your oppion next week i will pull it apart

">

looking at that video the one and only cure is put new cush drive in unless you are just going to bodge it up and pass it onto someone unsuspecting which isnt a good practice

NoOo I'm not bodger, ill order that one eBay now, what your oppion on the chain and sprocket, it would silly not to order bearings and have the chain and sprockets, while it is all off.

Some new goodies arrived!!!

Just waiting on the chain set

Also got another key cut yesterday

[/img][/url]

You may want to black out you address details. :thumb:

Edited by JRH

Yay!! I got the car almost finished yesterday but sold it in the process then i had a couple hours to spare.....

http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p562/classickid21/kawasaki%20er5%20a3%201999%20project/266DDA17-40D3-43B3-A095-3FBE606D857D_zpsyby6qxe6.jpg

Still a tiny bit of play the bearing was shot!

The rear wheel bearings was smooth no notches no reason to replace so i have not replace them yet.

I will having it back apart because there was a spacer that looks to be damaged might be effecting the play.

I need to re adjust the rear brake!

Sort the choke out on the hand lever, because won't run on choke unless i stand holding it.

Bike won't idle wen its cold..

Fuel temp gauge i don't think works ?

I put 5 litres in didnt budge on the gauge?

Hagon shocks i can push down and it slowly rises but if i put my hands round the base of the number plate holder and push down and slowly pull up it goes pong and feel some play

Bushings maybe or swing arm ?

Further inspection later today, going to book mot for 28th

before you go ripping it to bits to change things that might not need it just get it into the mot if it fails then do what it fails on if it passes then its saved you some money dont forget the more you spend putting new parts on the less you are going to make on it as lots of folk dont worry about all the cost of what you spent on it the bike still has a ceiling value at the point of sale

before you go ripping it to bits to change things that might not need it just get it into the mot if it fails then do what it fails on if it passes then its saved you some money dont forget the more you spend putting new parts on the less you are going to make on it as lots of folk dont worry about all the cost of what you spent on it the bike still has a ceiling value at the point of sale

Very true! I am going to book it in next week for MOT i am actually quite excited!

Once i sell this sort my das out, i have test rode a fzr400 also had a quote for 679 third fire and theft.

So happy days!

Thank you for all the help and guidance on this project i have learnt a lot on this project. Over come the fear of working on bigger bikes.