Advice and help please

fq-craigus

My dad has a yamaha trx 850, he has finally started gaining more intrest to ride it and has even mot'd it.

Now he has made noise that he wants a better exhaust, something deeper rather than the standard whistly things.

I have had a look online and can only really find either stock or delcovic silencers. He likes the sound of both akra and scorpion but we cannot find any for love nor money. None thats listed for the trx anyway.

Does anyone know what other silencers will fit? He wants to keep it twin pipe.

Also short term i have said about removing baffles but its not so straight forward so it seems. When you remove the fancy plate on the end of the exhaust your left with what looks like the baffle tube welded in place and in the bottom of the exhaust there is no fixings i can see that can be drilled out ect for the bottom of the tube. Any help would be apreciated

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/25/6d69e3da7e62ab6a18daafa94a0409bb.jpghttp://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/25/eb92974a8dcc10fe8a20f8be421f832f.jpg

Baffles are usually only fixed at one end so if you drill out the welds you should be able to remove them. If you google baffles you'll see what I mean.
its a bit of a strange layout there is a raised bit which is seam welded. Ive removed baffles before but with it not being my bike i would rather know what im facing

Craig, have a go at removing the baffles... if they are welded, it will just be a spot weld at one end.

Paint them black job done!

If he wants an akra sound, pop some perforated steel tubing inside with some exhaust packing.

If you do F*** it up, surely stock cans are easy and cheap to come by...

Craig, have a go at removing the baffles... if they are welded, it will just be a spot weld at one end.

Paint them black job done!

If he wants an akra sound, pop some perforated steel tubing inside with some exhaust packing.

If you do F*** it up, surely stock cans are easy and cheap to come by...

he wont let me chop about unless all is clear and i got better things to spend £40 on lol

How are the current cans attached to the link pipes? There may be some non bike specific ones that'll fit..... 8-)

There is a angled pipe in the bottom of the silencers so the dont stick out if there was a straight fit i have found a few but unfortunatly not that easy