BIKE SERVICING

Red Dragon

I have a Honda Hornet CB600, It's annual service is due this month, but I have never taken a bike for a service before, due to not owning a motorbike for that long.

So what am I looking for the garage to do on an annual service? It is 2010 plate and currently on around 2500 miles.

Thanks for advice.

Normally the type of service is dictated by the mileage.......but, if you've got the service booklet for the bike it should say which type of service is due and what needs to be done on that service...... :wink:

When I had new dealer serviced bikes, I never actually had an 'annual service', because of the miles I was doing the bike had at least one mileage determined service per year... as far as I can tell the 'annual' is purely for those who hardly ever ride their bikes. lets be generous and say 1,000 miles per year - that could easily mean 6 years between services. and so thats where the 'annual' comes in. and in the case of my main bike.. its just an oil change and a bit of grease here and check there. nothing complicated at all.