Advice needed on software

fq-craigus

First off I have bought myself a kit vision hd5 action camera for the bike mainly but also to record and pick apart my other half so driving lessons so when she argues the toss with me I can play it back [emoji13]and prove her wrong.

Any ways I want some video edit software, but which one?

Nothing too in depth as this is all a give it a go thing.

I would rather something free so it's not all a loss if I decide not to bother. But I don't want to download a virus so is there any recommendations.

I want to overlay text and music and needs to be user friendly

Thanks in advance

I started off easy with Movie Maker (Windows) before graduating upto CyberLink Power Director 12 (Was free at the time) and now onto Sony Movie Studio Platinum 12.0 - which is fantastic.

Movie maker used to come pre installed on PCs but it seems it was dropped after Windows 7 possibly sooner.

Movie maker is really easy to use, it does what you want it to, its free and there are plenty of tutorials and help online.

CLICK HERE.

If you need any help, give me a shout and i'll see what i can do.

Well I gave windows movie maker a go and took me a few evenings to get used to it and work out how to do clips and blend together but I have Sussed it. All I need now is some decent footage apart from my 10 min commute.

I'm planning on getting a better camera maybe a GoPro at some point if I get along with this and then when the better camera comes along then I'll invest in some better software but I imagine that will be in spring time as all my footage is dark and low light at the min so not much fun.

Also need to upgrade the ram on my laptop as I think it could be a tad faster although adequate at the min