Cbr. Power

Redrogueleader

I have a cbr 125 and I need some help . It used to do around 60ish occasionally but now Well 6000 rpm and its struggling 40 - 45 mph the carb has been cleaned the air filter sorted and a new plug put in There must be someone who knows what's up Anyone???

I have a cbr 125 and I need some help . It used to do around 60ish occasionally but now Well 6000 rpm and its struggling 40 - 45 mph the carb has been cleaned the air filter sorted and a new plug put in There must be someone who knows what's up Anyone???

Same revs in same gear but lower speed, probably the clutch slipping.

Ok the sound of the bike has changed also

some suggested broken reed valve

the bike is box standard original exhaust

above 4th gear when it approaches 6000 rpm it kind of chokes this pronlem developed over about 3 days in about 90 miles I know the description isnt good but its the only way to describe it

What does putting the choke on do? Does it improve or worsen at that speed?

Could be something as simple as an incorrect needle height. Running too rich would cause it to flood at higher throttle openings and it would splutter.

above 4th gear when it approaches 6000 rpm it kind of chokes this pronlem developed over about 3 days in about 90 miles I know the description isnt good but its the only way to describe it

its a 4stroke so will not have reed valve so you can ignore that but it does have inlet and exhaust valves

If it was a 2t then maybe but its 4t

What does the oil smell like ? Any signs of smoke put your hand over the exhaust check see if it leaves your hand moist.

For making your 125cc faster its pointless. The money you spend on making it go faster you loose reilabilty, plus you could be saving the money to do your a2... Buy your self a restricted big bike, i promise you, you will not show any more interest in these tonka toys, i am selling my collection to move up, i should of done it a long long time a go.