Security Measures

The Voyager

Hi.

Just trying to think off ways to beef up my garage..

My bike has an alarm and tracker hidden inside the bike which will be kept live with the battery.

I want to beef up the garage security. Currently no alarm. The garage is down the yard from house (not connected). I was thinking of maybe a wireless alarm that texts me or even sets an alarm going off in my house to alert me should some unlucky little scum bag attempt to break in.

As well as this it would also set an alrm off on the garage, flashing lights, bleeping sounds the lot!

What is currently on the market for this type of security? Is there anything I have not thought of you can share?

Hope you can help.

Thanks.

Get a set of Enfield garage door bolts to secure the main door.

I have them on mine. Easy to fit. I fitted mine so there is no way to unlock the main door from outside. Only way in is through the rear steel security door which is dead bolted.

Movement sensors inside the garage are linked to my ADT house alarm.

Get a set of Enfield garage door bolts to secure the main door.

I have them on mine. Easy to fit. I fitted mine so there is no way to unlock the main door from outside. Only way in is through the rear steel security door which is dead bolted.

Movement sensors inside the garage are linked to my ADT house alarm.

Thanks will look into them.

Personally, I would recommend that what ever you do to beef up security. Try and not make it obvious from the outside.

Think from the theifs point of view. All garages look the same = garages all have same security so probably the same kind of stuff in them. If one garage in the street has bolts and door stoppers and obvious alarms and cameras, then the theif if going to know there is something valuable in there.

Personally, I would recommend that what ever you do to beef up security. Try and not make it obvious from the outside.

Think from the theifs point of view. All garages look the same = garages all have same security so probably the same kind of stuff in them. If one garage in the street has bolts and door stoppers and obvious alarms and cameras, then the theif if going to know there is something valuable in there.

Totally agree, also i park my crappy dog wagon in front. Makes it look like I have nothing of value and makes it harder to get in.

Fit an alarm to the bike with a pager, I had one when I lived in Salford...saved my bike a few times :thumb:

Most alarms also have a negative trigger to connect micro switches for seat removal etc.

I keep my bikes in a shed that is located in the dog run, you've got to get past 7 (yes seven) Labradors to get to the bikes, then get back out again, I'd bet Charlie would have bits off you before you managed it!

Falling that, chain it up with a good chain and lock to a good ground anchor.