Arai Axcess II visor fogging

So, despite having a pinlock I still find the top part of the visor is fogging, some of this even appears to be going onto the top rim of the pinlock too. Is there a way to prevent this? It's not just in the rain either, in the dry (but cold) it's also fogging. I've tried riding with the chin visor open but that still seems to result in fogging.

Not a huge issue just a small annoyance really

The pins are an oval shape which means you can tighten the pinlock. I had an issue with mine fogging over one eye, took it off, tightened up the pins and problem solved!

Both when moving and stationary. I didn't know about being able to tighten the pins though, handy tip! Shall try that when I get some spare time this week, just such a shame the Arai visor removal is such a bloody pain in the ass

Arai visor removal is a piece of piss :lol:

the pinlock wont be sealing properly and as said the pins will need adjusting

they are on a cam and you use a small screwdriver in the slot on the inside :)

Got it off no issues, the pinlock fits properly, there's no loose bits or bubbles or anything. I think this helmet just maybe doesn't have as great ventilation as my old shark s2000, rode in the rain yesterday to work with all 3 vents open and didn't seem to have any issues, just a cold face :lol:

Took 13 minutes to get the visor back on the helmet though... THIRTEEN DAMN MINUTES

God knows, knowing my luck it's a dodgy helmet (that just sounds so wrong haha)

I'd rather minimise the amount of times i remove satan's spawn of visors. Kept getting one side back in but the other refused, so put that side in first and the original easy one then refused to line up :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

if you dont feel like you are going to break it then you are doing it wrong! that is what I was told when I bought my first Arai!

once you get the knack its easy

kneel on the floor with the helmet facing away from you lift visor pull the prongs up then pull the visor off

fitting requires a bit of feel, insert both sides at the same time in the open position move the visor up and down slightly till its in then close it and it will all click in

if its popping out you aren't putting it in far enough ooo eeerr :lol:

The pins are an oval shape which means you can tighten the pinlock. I had an issue with mine fogging over one eye, took it off, tightened up the pins and problem solved!

I didn't bloody know this. You learn something new each day! :shock:

I didn't bloody know this. You learn something new each day! :shock:

image.jpeg.07d98c0449653c3c837c2b32834aa3b1.jpeg

Speaks

:roll:

I told you that when you bought the new helmets :evil:

Listen :lol:

how to remove and refit the visor :wink:

yes this is me and I have just made this video just for you :lol:

watch carefully its only 27 seconds long!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bErlSNl-8KA

Stu you are a bloody legend! Although I still don't know how you got those to line up so easily hahah, if you saw how wobbly I am lining them up and yeah as you say one side pops out. Only because it felt like it wouldn't actually go in any further