Have I missed much?

baggy

Sorry I haven't been on here for a while but it's been a hectic winter.

My Mrs hadn't worked for 13 years since she was pregnant with our son and both of our kids were now old enough that she was getting bored at home so decided to get a job.

I know this makes me sound a chauvinist pig but when she didn't have a job she did everything around the house so its taken a while to get into a new routine and doing my fair share.

The extra money meant I we could get a 2nd car for me to use because up until now she would have the car and I would have my bike and use the bus to get to work in the winter. I remember getting off the bike in the garage in November dripping wet and cold and saying to the Mrs I am getting too old for this sh*t and I didnt like the idea of yet another year stood in the freezing cold waiting for a late bus and the sitting next to someone who would be coughing and sneezing the whole journey

I have decided the car is much easier to use daily and I was toying with the idea of selling the bike. On Friday I was working form home and decided to get the bike out for tte first time this year and go for a quick 30 mile ride.

I have definitely changed my mind and the bike is going no where. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Its going to stay for weekend rides and hopefully get out more with the Mrs as pillion when we can get either set of Grandparents to babysit for a few hours of a weekend, I think I will enjoy it more this ways as well instead of it being a daily work horse.

Anyway enough of me waffling on.............it's good to be back :D

Edited by baggy

Welcome back! Personally I don't think I could go to having just a bike. Even when I commute in by bike, I still see it as using the bike for enjoyment rather than to get from A to B. Having no choice between car and bike I think It would quickly become less enjoyable in horrible weather!

Welcome back! Personally I don't think I could go to having just a bike. Even when I commute in by bike, I still see it as using the bike for enjoyment rather than to get from A to B. Having no choice between car and bike I think It would quickly become less enjoyable in horrible weather!

Same situation here and I couldn't agree more!

:stupid:

When the weather is dry and warm enough not to have to worry about damp patches on the road, every ride is a joy.

When it's freezing cold and the roads are slimy, or it's pissing with rain, it's no fun at all.

I don't buy into the idea of "no such things as bad conditions, just bad clothing". No. There is such a thing as bad conditions. It doesn't matter how marvellous your winter jacket is, winter rain is still winter rain and it's shit!

I don't buy into the idea of "no such things as bad conditions, just bad clothing". No. There is such a thing as bad conditions. It doesn't matter how marvellous your winter jacket is, winter rain is still winter rain and it's shit!

:laugh:

Where'd that link button go! :D