How do I use choke on gsf600 bandit?

Lumor_uk

After trying for ages to get it to start and hooking it up to my car I realised it's not like my CBF 125. It has a choke :scratch: been a while since I had one. It was about 13 degrees wouldn't start with it pushed forward towards choke symbol. Pulled it opposite direction it revved quite high 2-3k rpm so pushed it forward a bit till it settled.

Please explain what is going on thanks :popcorn:

you pull it towards you to put the choke on

2k is normal for choke any more and it needs adjusting

pull it on start the bike leave it a little while and start to take the choke off slowly

bandits are cold arses and take a while to warm up

also this needs to be in pitstop I will move it :wink:

My GSX600F has similar engine and choke system.

As stated above move lever towards you for a cold start.

Revs will increase when engine fires. After a few seconds the revs will go higher then 2,000rpm, move the lever away form you to settle revs at 1500-2000.

When you are ready to ride off move lever to get revs about 1300-1500. Ride off.

After about 1/4 mile move lever fully forward.

Whilst we're talking about chokes..... ninja starts fine from cold on about half choke. Will rev about 1800 - 2000 for maybe 30 seconds then razz up to over 4000. Turning choke off slightly it settles back down. It's one of those things I know it does it so always wait until it's had its moment before setting off buy part of me thinks if it's an easy fix I should do it :lol:

Hoggs

with all the little niggles you have had with yours recently I would be inclined to give it a right good going over

valve clearances carbs cleaned and balanced new plugs air filter choke cable adjusted etc etc

just so you know its all right

Hoggs

with all the little niggles you have had with yours recently I would be inclined to give it a right good going over

valve clearances carbs cleaned and balanced new plugs air filter choke cable adjusted etc etc

just so you know its all right

or sell it and buy a green lexmoto :seeya:

Yeah I tend to agree Stu. Just a bit tricky finding time and dry daylight to do it in. Clocks go forward soon that should help! It has been more or less behaving recently lol

EAB! I'm gonna pretend I didn't hear that ;)

Whilst we're talking about chokes..... ninja starts fine from cold on about half choke. Will rev about 1800 - 2000 for maybe 30 seconds then razz up to over 4000. Turning choke off slightly it settles back down. It's one of those things I know it does it so always wait until it's had its moment before setting off buy part of me thinks if it's an easy fix I should do it :lol:

That might be a Kwack thing. The GPX needed full choke to start. Revved up to 4-5000 back the choke off to 2500ish let it settle then ride away

you are allowed to ride to a pre booked MOT test without tax and MOT as long as you go straight there and back

you must have insurance though

Not sure if it still applies, but going back many years you could still be done for not having road tax on your vehicle even though you had booked it in for it's MOT.

you are allowed to ride to a pre booked MOT test without tax and MOT as long as you go straight there and back

you must have insurance though

Not sure if it still applies, but going back many years you could still be done for not having road tax on your vehicle even though you had booked it in for it's MOT.

You can't tax it without mot

An mot test is the only place you are allowed to ride to without tax

Whoop whoop passed and with only one wing mirror too. I know you don't need any. Apparently he's got a Harley and is completely deaf.

Was going to keep the 125 but now I just can't stomach it. So CBF125 for sale £1,000 :D