Coolant top up or change?

zoomzoom

Hello!

I've just been doing some checks and noticed my coolant tank under the seat is sitting just below the minimum level.

I've not touched it as it was filled up when I bought my bike about 9 months ago.

Is it ok to just top it up?

It looks darkish so I guess it's blue so will try to get the same colour as I've read it's not good to mix.

Or am I going to have to drain what's in there? :crybaby:

Cheers

If you top it up with the same stuff you should be OK. .... :wink:

That's the thing, I don't have a clue what they put in it. Not the kind of question I thought to ask when buying!

What problems can it cause? If I get blue or green but a different brand it should be fine shouldn't it?

Hey,

Its such an easy job why not just flush the system and change it anyway ;) if its blue its life is probably going to be 2 years.

Also if your unsure what's in there and you mix 2 incompatible coolants your going to end up with a mess.

Cheers,

IM

for the amount you need just top it up with distilled water it wont dilute it that much

I didn't think the tank looked very big, how much do you think it would require to top up?

Would something like this be suitable? http://www.halfords.com/motoring/bulbs-blades-batteries/car-battery-chargers/halfords-battery-top-up-water-1l" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hey,

Its such an easy job why not just flush the system and change it anyway ;) if its blue its life is probably going to be 2 years.

Also if your unsure what's in there and you mix 2 incompatible coolants your going to end up with a mess.

Cheers,

IM

Trying to avoid it, knowing me I'll send up breaking something! Saying that I did manage to remove the battery and put back in. I lost a screw... but I'd call that a success haha

for the amount you need just top it up with distilled water it wont dilute it that much

I didn't think the tank looked very big, how much do you think it would require to top up?

Would something like this be suitable? http://www.halfords.com/motoring/bulbs-blades-batteries/car-battery-chargers/halfords-battery-top-up-water-1l" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That would do the job......but you can get deionized water cheaper in some supermarkets. ...... :wink: