Gear indicator

In a word ... no. I've never had a bike with a gear indicator. Not many bikes have one, because they're unnecessary. You will select the best gear based upon engine revs/torque mainly. You change gear more often on a bike than in a car (unless you're on a 1000cc, then you can be lazy!) and gear selection is completely different on bike vs. car. Don't worry about it, you'll see what i mean when you get on the bike and ride :)

Edited by XmisterIS

I have a gear indicator on my bike, I rarely check it though, preferring to judge the gear section by the revs or maybe it's because I'm just too lazy as I'm on a 1400 and apparently don't need to change gear. :up:

Yeah on a bike you're either in the right gear or the wrong one and you wont need an indicator to tell you if you're in the wrong one :lol: chug chug chug go down SCREEEEEEAAAAAAM go up

I have one on my bike and use it a fair bit when pottering about mainly just to confirm what i already know and that is that im in the right gear but i think thats more my ocd where i check everything twice. But ive had bikes without and its not nessesary. But most bikes these days have them

Ok guys thanks for the replies im sure like u all said its a case of just knowing when ur in the wrong gear by listening to the bike, which is true come to think about it as in my cbt i didnt really look at the gear indicator when out on the road as i was too busy doing all the other checks lol

I have a gear indicator on my bike, I rarely check it though, preferring to judge the gear section by the revs or maybe it's because I'm just too lazy as I'm on a 1400 and apparently don't need to change gear. :up:

Quite. I too am lazy ... :mrgreen:

Probably a distraction too, I much rather listen to engine noise whilst keeping my eyes on the road than glancing down to see what gear I'm in. :thumb:

Got one on my bike and the only time I look at it is when stationary for neutral. Cause the light don't work all the time. :roll:

Had one on my chinese bike (wow something useful eh?) It did help for a first bike as i did (and still do) forget which gear i'm in. But you just go as the engine sounds. To loud? Go up. To chuggy? Go down.

Most importantly.

Don't buy chinese

Before I picked up my bike I was adamant the first thing I would fit would be a gear indicator- rode it for a couple of days then realised I couldn't be bothered and that I didn't need it.